Polk County High School Reviews

Polk County was nice but it wasn't the best. They didn't really offer many competitive academic courses. The teachers and school staff were very helpful and nice though.
I liked how I felt safe and enjoyed all the teachers I had. I disliked not being able to wear hats and having to pay for it if I wanted. I enjoyed spirit week. Didn’t like all my fellow classmates
The school itself is wholesome. Very small so it's easy to get to know who everyone is and build relationships. The faculty and staff are long time workers of the district so they're very acquainted with everyone around the area. Overall great combination of resource and facility, but does lack on new age technology for future students.
Start Your Review of Polk County High School
I have never gone to this school but personally know people who have sen their kids there. This were the kind of people that never thought they'd send their kids to public schools only because of all the bad things that were said about public schools. So when they realized that they could no longer handle the responsibility of homeschooling their school, they decided to try Polk County School. To this day, they see and this was the best decision that they had made for their kids. Their kids rave how much they love everything about it. If i ever have kids and i'm still leaving in the area, i will most definitely be sending my kids to this school.
My Experience at Polk County High Schools Has been an amazing 4 years. I am truly going to miss it when i graduate in June of 2020. My high school career has been the best 4 school years of my life.
It is a very good school, but still could use some work. Nice friends, great sports and OK school spirit from the students. 10/10 would recommend for good southern people, although the math department could use some work. The teachers aren't great at teaching, which makes it hard to learn. Food is terrible, but that's typical for public schools today. Good patriotic people.
I have had a good experience at Polk County High School. The teachers are nice and help you whenever you need it. My teachers have helped me before school, during Advocate, and after school to make sure I understand. I have enjoyed having some of my teachers be my coaches. They support you in the classroom and in your activities.
Polk County High School is a very secluded school. In fact it’s the only one in the district. This means that it gets a lot more diversity in students compared to most other schools. It’s a very safe feeling place because everybody knows everybody. You don’t have to worry about who your classes are with or whether you will ever see your friends in school because everyone is friends with each other.
It is very amazing. There is a warm and friendly atmosphere here. I have been to a lot of schools but this is the best one yet.
Polk County Highschool has a very at home feel to it everyone knows everyone which is a good and bad thing but nevertheless it's a amazing very personal school we even have our own greenhouse and farm which not much schools are lucky enough to have we also have several programs set up to achieve like the Certified Nursing Program which I will be completing next school year
I love the involvement in sports and club/activities at our school, everyone is supportive and willing to help other grow! Not only is our school rated one of the best in NC for academics, but most students are involved in at least 1 out-of-the-classroom activity. Some things I’d like to see change are the acceptance of diversity within the students and faculty, and an improvement in the school food; I wish the administration would push for a more accepting environment that allowed people to dress/express themselves how they please. And although the food does have to meet certain nutritional requirements, the quality could be a bit better.
One advantage is that Polk County High School is a small school. Students know each other and there is alot of interaction between teachers. A disadvantage would be that there is very little diversity.
This is a small local school with teachers and faculty who get invested in your journey through high school.
I believe they could improve on college readiness. I have enjoyed most of my classes, but most have not prepared me enough for college. I also believe the student body could improve on accepting diversity.
Polk County High is one of the best high schools in the state. The teachers really care about the students, and the environment here is safe and caring. As a student myself, I feel like I have a family here.
i have experience lifetime opportunities while attending Polk County High. We always have the coolest pep rallies, we have even beat the seniors while competing at these. We have great athletics program, and a great support group behind them. We have a blue crew that comes to almost every game, away and home, to support everyone. We work together as a school. We are more than just faculty and students. We are a family. I would definitely choose this school over and over again if I could. I even want my kids to go to schools here.
This is one of the best high schools around. We have a phenomenal educational system, with some of the best teachers I've ever encountered. My teachers are very outgoing and care for their students, they want us to pass. We have an amazing principal, she is very interactive with the kids. We have fun and stay focused, inside and outside of the classroom. We do many things involving sports and clubs. We host Project Unify and Special Olympics. Our school has a great reputation and an amazing community standing behind it.
Start Your Review of Polk County High School
because I was an athlete it was great
good. guidance counselors helpful, good college prep, open to parent involvement, tutoring available
I don't really partake much in sports activities. I know this school is pretty big on sports especially football. There's a good number of student participation else where. There's this one game every talks about. It's pretty famous around school. Of course we have really pep rallies. This other thing at our school is unique, this thing called the blue crew. Known for cheering at sporting events, they get in free. Also, travel together to the away games.