Poland Seminary High School is an above average, public school located in Poland, OH. It has 708 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Poland Seminary High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-182 Students
- B98 Students
- A+85 Students
- A-76 Students
- B-62 Students
- B43 Students
- A-43 Students
- A33 Students
- B25 Students
- A+19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Poland Seminary High School
- B+Wilmington Area High School
- Wilmington Area School District, PA
- 52 reviews
- BShenango High School
- Shenango Area School District, PA
- 43 reviews
- B+Neshannock Junior/Senior High School
- Neshannock Township School District, PA
- 97 reviews
- BSpringfield High School
- Springfield Local School District (New Middletown), OH
- 44 reviews
Poland Seminary High School Reviews
Poland Seminary High School was an overall good school plagued by poor administration and apathy. The people in charge did not care about the students' welfare or personal growth. The main focus of the school seemed to be around football and other popular sports, not the academics. The preparedness for college was excellent only due to the fact that the teachers would overwork you to the point of no return. The workload was much harder than college will ever be, and this contributes to the apathy present among some of the teachers and administration.
Poland Seminary High school is a very safe and well -organized school. There are a few things that I would recommend that need some changing. For example, we are not allowed to wear what we want, and by my opinion if students were allowed to wear what they want, then they would feel more comfortable going to school. Student would feel more motivated to get better grades and to do their work if they were comfortable on what they are wearing. Another thing I would change about Poland Seminary High School is many of the teachers are much too controlling, even just where we are looking or how we are sitting. If students had a little more freedom, we would be more motivated to actually want to go to school. Last, the school is very dark and jail-like. I feel that the school has a very bad atmosphere, and kids would want to come to school more if the school was fixed up or had more windows.
The teachers are really involved with the students and want them to succeed in all areas. The administration is supportive of the students and their success. The school promotes success and stresses the importance of representing your school and community all of the time. The students are expected to be respectful, courteous, and well behaved in all situations in school and out of school in the community. The school is involved with many volunteer activities in the community and as well as with the younger Poland school students.