grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Poland Regional High School is a public school located in Poland, ME. It has 461 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Poland Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B84 Students
- grade C+77 Students
- grade C+59 Students
- grade C+49 Students
- grade B minus44 Students
- grade B minus38 Students
- grade C34 Students
- grade A+28 Students
- grade A+26 Students
- grade C+25 Students
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responses
- Winter carnival48%
- Spirit Weeks19%
- Gran Turismo14%
- Pep rallies10%
- Spirit Week5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,043 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 24 responses
Schools like Poland Regional High School
- grade C+Gray-New Gloucester High School
- Regional School Unit No. 15 (MSAD 15), ME
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 91 reviews
- grade B minusLeavitt Area High School
- Regional School Unit No. 52 (MSAD 52), ME
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 123 reviews
- grade CEdward Little High School
- Auburn Public Schools, ME
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 136 reviews
- grade B minusOxford Hills Comprehensive High School
- Regional School Unit No. 17 (MSAD 17), ME
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 150 reviews
Poland Regional High School Reviews
Rating 3.73 out of 5 147 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
While Poland’s sports aren’t great, they are constantly getting improved and worked on. This school has a wonderful staff and a variety of classes to choose from to further focus your learning. Our school also works very hard and has a lot of projects focused on preparation for college and/or life outside of high school. The school atmosphere isn’t perfect but it are a close knit community and a pretty safe one.
Teacher are amazing at Poland Regional. Many teachers are National Board Certified and come to class excited to teach. There are two teachers that have won teacher of the year (one in Androscogin county, the other Maine state). Most teachers are always looking for ways to help students succeed in any way they can. The administration, on the other hand, has failed to support students and faculty throughout the years. Protecting the school's reputation is constantly put before the school's needs. Unfortunately for the World Language department at Poland Regional, the only language classes taught in RSU 16 other than 4 years in high school is one semester of Spanish in 8th grade. This doesn't allow language students to complete high school at a language proficiency even close to that of students from nearby schools, even with the amazing foreign language staff. Overall, a great school. It's only limitation in becoming an amazing one is the administration that acts an an anchor.
The teachers in the school are over all very kind and caring people who are good at their job and enjoy it. There is a close sense of community in the school and even though everyonw doesn't knoq everyone for the most part the stusents are kind and respectful of one another. There are a few small things with certain teachers, students, and administrators that aren't pleasant but nothing overtly awful. The schools physical condition is about what you'd expect for a small rural highschool but is still nice.