Poland Regional High School is a public school located in Poland, ME. It has 477 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Poland Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+64 Students
- C+64 Students
- B-49 Students
- B34 Students
- B32 Students
- B-30 Students
- C+27 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+20 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Poland Regional High School
- B-Gray-New Gloucester High School
- Regional School Unit No. 15 (MSAD 15), ME
- 72 reviews
- B-Leavitt Area High School
- Regional School Unit No. 52 (MSAD 52), ME
- 110 reviews
- CEdward Little High School
- Auburn School Department, ME
- 113 reviews
- B-Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School
- Regional School Unit No. 17 (MSAD 17), ME
- 136 reviews
Poland Regional High School Reviews
Teacher are amazing at Poland Regional. Many teachers are National Board Certified and come to class excited to teach. There are two teachers that have won teacher of the year (one in Androscogin county, the other Maine state). Most teachers are always looking for ways to help students succeed in any way they can. The administration, on the other hand, has failed to support students and faculty throughout the years. Protecting the school's reputation is constantly put before the school's needs. Unfortunately for the World Language department at Poland Regional, the only language classes taught in RSU 16 other than 4 years in high school is one semester of Spanish in 8th grade. This doesn't allow language students to complete high school at a language proficiency even close to that of students from nearby schools, even with the amazing foreign language staff. Overall, a great school. It's only limitation in becoming an amazing one is the administration that acts an an anchor.
At Poland Regional High School everyone feels supported, connected, and challenged by their teachers, peers, and the curriculum. As a freshman, I felt immediately accepted by everyone and this is probably attributed to the small size of the school and the classes in general. Teachers make an effort to know you for more than your grades and want to see you succeed. The school offers many opportunities for students to show leadership, take challenging courses, receive college credit, and be creative. They also make a point to allow students to participate in many things. During my time at PRHS I have participated in Varsity Field Hockey, Track & Field, Speech and Debate, Drama, Chorus, Band, Student Council, and several honors and AP Classes. This diversity for a student is not only accepted, but encouraged at Poland. Anyone attending the school is lucky to call Knight Nation their family and their home.
Throughout my three years so far at Poland Regional High School, I've had an amazing experience. Everyone is friendly and willing to help you both academically, emotionally and more. I believe I have made life long friends at this school and have learned life lessons that will be carried throughout my life. Although there are some areas in the school that need to be fixed such as the grading system and the required classes to graduate, I believe Poland Regional High School is a highly ranked school compared to the surrounding schools and more.