Point Pleasant Borough High School is an above average, public school located in Point Pleasant, NJ. It has 887 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Point Pleasant Borough High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A94 Students
- A89 Students
- B+70 Students
- B+64 Students
- A61 Students
- C+60 Students
- B+50 Students
- B+41 Students
- B41 Students
- A34 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Point Pleasant Borough High School
- B+Wall High School
- Wall Township Public Schools, NJ
- 69 reviews
- B+Shore Regional High School
- Public School
- West Long Branch, NJ
- 108 reviews
- A-Manasquan High School
- Manasquan School District, NJ
- 175 reviews
- B+Toms River High School East
- Toms River Regional School District, NJ
- 257 reviews
Point Pleasant Borough High School Reviews
Point Pleasant Boro high school is a great place... if you were born and raised in point pleasant. While the education I recieved and the teachers I met were amazing, the serious isolation to new students is a huge problem. Every new student I met felt the same way; nobody will talk to me. I moved in my junior year of high school, and I was excited about meeting new people and making friends. I never have had an issue with making friends before in my life, until I attended PPBHS. I joined clubs and sport teams, but nobody wanted to talk and acted annoyed when I tried to talk to them. This wicked isolation left me feeling seriously depressed, so I dual enrolled for my senior year (a program only one other student does). That being said, I rate it 2 stars because of the few teachers and other new student who really helped me get through my junior year. Being treated like I am “less than” also helped to make me a much stronger person in the long run.
Point Pleasant Boro High School has made my high school experience great. Most teachers genuinely seem to care about making their students succeed and are the right mix of fun while still preparing us for college, AP tests etc. Not a fan of the administration, mainly Karsich, and the beetles that seem to out populate students when the weather is warm. However, the overall experience has far outweighed all of that.
I found in Point Pleasant Borough High School that teachers tried their best to connect with their students in order to make a difference in the classroom. Most teachers were ready to help a student, whether it be by staying after school, coming in earlier, or even during lunch/study halls. However, there was never much school spirit going on in the borough, which made spirit weeks and pep rallies almost pointless. Overall, Point Pleasant Borough High School was a decent school to attend.