Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Point Arena High School is a public school located in Point Arena, CA. It has 123 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 15% in reading.
Point Arena High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B23 Students
- B-23 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+12 Students
- A11 Students
- A-11 Students
- B-10 Students
- A+10 Students
- C+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Point Arena High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Point Arena High School Reviews
The first year of high school is always the hardest, quickly having to adapt to a new environment can be challenging. It can especially difficult if half the teachers quit or get. fired from a year to year basis. The first two years of my attendance was filled with constant turmoil. However, as I became a junior, and now currently a senior, our school has risen in quality and performance. Our teachers have improved as well as the culture. We are still not the best of schools, but we we reflect the unique charm of a small, remote, close-knit community.
Growing up in a small town is hard, you do not as many chances or opportunities. My past four years at Point Arena High School were very eye-opening. The biggest program they offer is the sports program. Our school is very spirited when it comes to games both home and away. If you want to raise a family away from the hustle and bustle then Medocino county is the place for you.
I enjoyed the support of the teachers and counselors. There wasn't, however enough culture, as well as diversity.