Pocono Mountain West High School Reviews

Pocono Mountain West High School has provided me with many opportunities that have allowed me to expand on my leadership skills, get involved in the school community, and prepare for college. My teachers in the past four years have been excellent and the atmosphere is vibrant. Although not always apparent, our school spirit is phenomenal when given the chance to express it. I would not change much about my school, but I do wish that other students would become more involved. There are so many activities and sports events, but with the exception of a few events, not many students come out and support. I feel as if we lack a greater sense of community, but this can be changed with a bit of spirit and cooperation.
Great teachers very caring teachers and a nice atmosphere. There are sometimes bad students but overall it doesn’t ruin the school itself. I would definitely love to go back and thank the teachers for trying so hard to help me succeed.
I liked how the student council was really active in the school. I didn't like that there were a lot of fights and two bomb threats the two years I was there.
Start Your Review of Pocono Mountain West High School
I liked all of the activities the school had to offer because they're so many things to get involved in. It opens the door to make a lot of new friends.
The school is great! The teachers are amazing they help you with everything . They have alot of good classes and a like of tutoring and good food .
It's a great community. Almost all the teachers will say hello to students in the hallway even if they don't know them. They offer a ton of classes for all different paths that students would like to take. The school has a good set up and has a lot of sports offered also.
I like the diversity an how some teachers truly really cares about you an your education. I don’t like how the principals deal with certain situations an I feel like they don’t care.
Certain points were great, but overall it was just really bad. There was bias across all faculty, frames and setups on students, and strict guidelines. Not one single students can walk around in that school without feeling scared by their fellow peers and teachers and staff, as well.
The faculty at PMWHS are very knowledgeable in their respective subjects and attentive to the students; they are concerned about the students academically and socially. As for my child, he felt like he belonged there and most students are thoughtful and compassionate towards their fellow classmates.
This was an amazing school were I made a lot of fond memories and what prepared me for the real world.
Loved all my teachers! I participated in many clubs & sports; swimming, leo club, softball, & tennis. I just wished my counselor was more of help to transition into college.
The school spirit at this school is unbeatable. The after school activities are diverse and challenging to students with all types of intrests. The teacher care about their students beyond school hours and want us to succeed.
I currently attend this school as a senior, and I love it here. The staff members are great, the culture is excellent, and the opportunities for fun are endless! However the two areas that need improving are the lunch and disciplining of misbehaved students.
This school is.. what you make of it. The general population could tend to be snotty, "ghetto," or doesn't seem to try hard in general. However, if you actually put effort into your time here, you will fins some good teachers, peers, and ways to add good experiences into your education. If you're looking to go to college you really need to prepare yourself since this place doesn't tend to tell you much about it. I highly recommend getting involved, such as by joining student council if you want to improve life at your school, or any sports or clubs you may have interest in! So, overall, this place is about average, but I did enjoy my time here since I found some very good friends and teachers here.
LOVE my experience, sad to go, but excited to start my new college adventure. There are so many options of being involved! Whether it's academic, sports, the arts, promoting school spirit, clubs; there really is something for everyone! My parents were involved in many aspects, but wish more were supportive of the school and their child's participation in extracurricular activities.
My experience at Pocono Mountain West has been easy and fun. The teachers really help you with your work, they make sure you have everything handed in and your up to date. The only bad thing about the school is the uniforms. If i could Change one thing it would be that.
I personally like Pocono Mountain West. I have been in the district my entire school career. There are many opportunities for students to get involved there and there are many ways to have you academic needs fulfilled. everyone learns at a different pace and PMWHS is great for that. Students can be in classes from AP- Academic classes.
Start Your Review of Pocono Mountain West High School
It is a very good school. The teachers really show that they are for the students. It is very diverse. The courses are hard but at the same time easy.
the education there is really bad, there is always fights and the principal does nothing about them. Bullying happens a lot at this school, the athletes get away with everything! The district is just a horrible place to bring your child to school.
My experience at this school was neutral, to be honest. I was really just to myself, not really being involved a lot in school activities, I mainly cared about my grades the most and had high expectations for myself. The thing I liked about this school was the diversity and the number of activities provided for the students. I felt that brought a lot of us together. One thing I would change is the school uniforms or being more lenient with them because I feel as though the students there will feel more ready to go in school if they were able to wear what they wanted. We feel restricted from what we like to wear with the dress code.