Pocono Mountain West High School is a public school located in Pocono Summit, PA. It has 1,731 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Pocono Mountain West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+181 Students
- B-165 Students
- A163 Students
- B-119 Students
- A-108 Students
- B103 Students
- A101 Students
- B+98 Students
- A-80 Students
- A+79 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingC+
- Good for FamiliesB-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like Pocono Mountain West High School
- B-Pocono Mountain East High School
- Pocono Mountain School District, PA
- 376 reviews
- B+East Stroudsburg Senior High School South
- East Stroudsburg Area School District, PA
- 295 reviews
- B-Pleasant Valley High School
- Pleasant Valley School District, PA
- 393 reviews
- A-Stroudsburg High School
- Stroudsburg Area School District, PA
- 465 reviews
Pocono Mountain West High School Reviews
This school is.. what you make of it. The general population could tend to be snotty, "ghetto," or doesn't seem to try hard in general. However, if you actually put effort into your time here, you will fins some good teachers, peers, and ways to add good experiences into your education. If you're looking to go to college you really need to prepare yourself since this place doesn't tend to tell you much about it. I highly recommend getting involved, such as by joining student council if you want to improve life at your school, or any sports or clubs you may have interest in! So, overall, this place is about average, but I did enjoy my time here since I found some very good friends and teachers here.
LOVE my experience, sad to go, but excited to start my new college adventure. There are so many options of being involved! Whether it's academic, sports, the arts, promoting school spirit, clubs; there really is something for everyone! My parents were involved in many aspects, but wish more were supportive of the school and their child's participation in extracurricular activities.
Pocono Mountain West High School was a place to explore your creativity, face everyday challenges, create loving memories, countless opportunities and most importantly a place where friends became family! When you’re young you’re so eager to step out into the real world and become an adult, but once you’re there you can’t help but to look back on those fond memories and laugh maybe even cry because for that split second you wish you could go back and relive those moments! And that’s what Pocono Mountain West High School did for me. It didn’t just give me a future to look forward to it also gave me sentimental moments to look back at and say I DID THAT! I MADE IT!