Pocono Mountain East High School is a public school located in Swiftwater, PA. It has 1,468 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Pocono Mountain East High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+229 Students
- B-213 Students
- A211 Students
- A151 Students
- B140 Students
- B-129 Students
- A-128 Students
- A-122 Students
- A+117 Students
- A+94 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 119 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.59 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.65 responses
Schools like Pocono Mountain East High School
- B-Pocono Mountain West High School
- Pocono Mountain School District, PA
- 293 reviews
- B-Pleasant Valley High School
- Pleasant Valley School District, PA
- 393 reviews
- B-East Stroudsburg Senior High School North
- East Stroudsburg Area School District, PA
- 362 reviews
- A-Stroudsburg High School
- Stroudsburg Area School District, PA
- 466 reviews
Pocono Mountain East High School Reviews
I've had an extremely positive experience throughout my HS career. I've been fortunate to work with the kindest, patient and encouraging teachers and administrators that support me in all my goals. Our school environment is changing for the positive. The district's PRIDE initiative has really taken off and makes students strive to work together and fosters a wonderful community. Our school’s clubs are very good and offer something for every student if they choose to be involved. We have a beautiful well maintained campus and security is present at all times. I know they’re looking to increase security on the grounds and inside the schools by installing metal detectors and hiring officers to work inside the schools. The students have mixed reviews about those plans, but understand that they’re putting them place to ensure our safety.
Great teachers at PME! Courses are challenging but teachers are fair. Could use more options for electives, in particular computer science and programming options. But the electives they do have give a reasonable opportunity for students to try different fields to assist in choosing a major in college.
Pocono Mountain East High School has gone through dramatic changes since I started as a freshman. We went through 3 general administrative changes (3 principles) and this year introduced armed officers on campus. It is refreshing knowing PME puts safety first. We are constantly updating lock down and frie drills to improve every time, as well as allowing students to become close to the Student Resource Officer. It is important for us to be close to our SRO so we can go to him if there is any major problem occurring. However, there is an extreme lack of school spirit. Our school has culture, just not spirit. Typically the two go hand in hand, but with a losing football team and football being huge in our area, that is nearly impossible. I want to see a school people are proud to go to and look forward to being at.