Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Pocola High School is a public school located in Pocola, OK. It has 254 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Pocola High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+56 Students
- C+45 Students
- A37 Students
- A35 Students
- B-22 Students
- A-21 Students
- C18 Students
- B13 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Pocola High School Reviews
It is a very small school. Despite our lack of numbers, we have quite a lot of school spirit. With my school, we also have an encouraging sense of community. I have lived in Pocola, Oklahoma my entire life so I have grown up being a small-town girl. The teachers and administrative staff have all been so kind and supportive, helping me grow and watching me become a strong young adult. If I could change anything, I would increase the amount of funding that our school received.
From my experience in attending Pocola High School, it is exactly what you would expect from a small country town. The school is in awful condition. We don't have most of the resources we need to succeed. The book are 10+ years old. The teachers do the best they can to get us college ready but they don't have the resources.
Pocola High School was average for the schools in the area, I firmly believe they push sports and athletics over education. College preparedness was not top notch.