Pocatello High School is an above average, public school located in Pocatello, ID. It has 1,010 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Pocatello High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-224 Students
- B80 Students
- A-60 Students
- A47 Students
- B43 Students
- B+40 Students
- B-36 Students
- A+27 Students
- B+25 Students
- B+22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Pocatello High School Reviews
I'm currently in my Freshman year with four more days left of school, and over the course of this school year, I attended three different high schools. Out of the three, Pocatello High School has been the best! The teachers truly care about all of their students and their academics. The other students are friendly, and the school offers so many different extracurricular activities for everyone! I've had a great and supportive group of friends and my teachers have helped me tremendously with my grades. It's really an amazing school!
The teachers at this school are absolutely incredible! You can tell they care deeply about not only the education, but also the happiness of their students. Many teachers at Poky High are always completely open to suggestions or improvements that can be made to assignments, or the class in general. Another aspect that is loved at this school is the staff's effort to get more students involved in extracurricular activities. All in all, this is an exemplary learning environment and few students regret their decision of attending Poky.
The teachers are amazing, the classes are worth the time and effort, and the counselors are always very nice and willing to help! The food isn't that great, but if you have the money you can go eat at restaurants near the school instead, so you don't have to eat the school food. There is a wonderful diversity among the students, and it's really easy to make good friends. After having been to three other High schools, I believe Pocatello High School to be the best of them all!