Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Pocatello High School is an above average, public school located in Pocatello, ID. It has 1,019 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Pocatello High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-266 Students
- B99 Students
- A-61 Students
- A61 Students
- B60 Students
- B+57 Students
- A+38 Students
- B-37 Students
- A+30 Students
- B+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Pocatello High School Reviews
I'm currently in my Freshman year with four more days left of school, and over the course of this school year, I attended three different high schools. Out of the three, Pocatello High School has been the best! The teachers truly care about all of their students and their academics. The other students are friendly, and the school offers so many different extracurricular activities for everyone! I've had a great and supportive group of friends and my teachers have helped me tremendously with my grades. It's really an amazing school!
What is so great about this school is the spirit and pride. This school has so much pride. We do spirit weeks and compete for the spirit stick at every assembly. The school is really fun too and has so much diversity and history as well. We get pretty loud during assembly's, games, competitions, etc. My favorite competition has always been the teacher and staff dance battling in front of the entire school. There are stories being passed down from generation to generation at Poky, and the school has pictures of graduating classes dated back to the 20th century. All the students are really unique so the school is pretty diverse. The teachers are pretty nice. They love having open discussions and try to understand everyone. Every year teachers and Seniors are out in the hallway helping out Freshmen on the first day of school. I like it because it's so welcoming. There is only one thing I would change and that is the schedule for Finals day because literally no one likes it.
The teachers at this school are absolutely incredible! You can tell they care deeply about not only the education, but also the happiness of their students. Many teachers at Poky High are always completely open to suggestions or improvements that can be made to assignments, or the class in general. Another aspect that is loved at this school is the staff's effort to get more students involved in extracurricular activities. All in all, this is an exemplary learning environment and few students regret their decision of attending Poky.