Pocahontas High School is an above average, public school located in Pocahontas, AR. It has 424 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Pocahontas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B105 Students
- A77 Students
- B59 Students
- C+53 Students
- B-31 Students
- A-30 Students
- B26 Students
- B-21 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Pocahontas High School
Pocahontas High School Reviews
I enjoyed the people that I went to school with. Everybody has a lot of school spirit and that makes everything a lot more fun. Football game jungles were especially fun when everyone would dress up and get into it. My overall experience has been wonderful and I do not wish I could have gone somewhere else at all. If I had to change one thing, it would probably have to be the lunch campus policy. Pocahontas High School has a closed-campus lunch and I believe I would have enjoyed an open-campus lunch more.
I moved to Pocahontas High School my sophomore year, every since I moved here I have loved it . One of the things I love the most would have to be how the teachers actually help you on your work and do think that your education is a joke. As a senior now I have realized Pocahontas is one of the best schools I have been to and they take you going to college serious, they try and guide us down the path to a better education, yes some may not end up going but that is their choice. I honestly do not think I would change anything about Pocahontas High School because it is a great school with staff that care about our future
This is a decent school. Sports is everything at this school, and the students are picked and played to their ability. The coaches pick their favorites. There are teachers who go over their limit to teach the students. Most teachers care and help their students. In reality, this school is nothing different than any other school. This is a high rated school.