Poca High School is a public school located in Poca, WV. It has 552 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Poca High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B100 Students
- A-71 Students
- C+56 Students
- C+37 Students
- B-21 Students
- C17 Students
- C+15 Students
- B-12 Students
- A+12 Students
- A-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Poca High School Reviews
I liked that our teachers, while very understanding with outside circumstances, push us to be our best selves. I have reached potentials here that I didn't think I could. Not only that, but they have also aided in readying us for the real world, by teaching us skills such as responsibility, organization, respectfulness/politeness, and how to pay bills or fill out checks. The only thing I would like to see change is how they handle bullying and small problems within the school.
I transferred from a private school so I was very scared of what to expect in a public school setting. I was surprised that I was accepted so easily by everyone. I have met people that I can't imagine my life without now. I did get bullied at a point but it was taken care of. I have had a new principle every year. I am happy with the one that we have now and I hope that Poca High School will be known as one of the best schools one day. Once A Dot Always A Dot!
Poca High School is a wonderful school! The staff is extremely supportive in everything the students do, whether it is academic or extracurricular. The students are one big family, and when support is needed, they all come together to help out!