Poca High School is a public school located in Poca, WV. It has 535 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Poca High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-112 Students
- A-77 Students
- C+59 Students
- B-43 Students
- B-23 Students
- C18 Students
- C16 Students
- C+14 Students
- A+12 Students
- A-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Poca High School Reviews
I moved to WV my junior year of high school. Everyone at Poca High School made me not only feel welcome but like family. The teachers were beyond helpful and understanding. They wanted to see you succeed and were more then willing to do anything to help you out. The students included you from the moment you walked in the door. Poca has overcome many challenges. It shows the determination that the whole school has. I made life long friends at Poca. This is a close community oriented school. Once a dot always a dot will always stand true.
I love the staff at Poca High and the level of involvement they bring to their classes. I’ve had a pretty amazing experience there, but the only thing I would change about this school is the maintenance (or lack thereof) of the school and it’s grounds. There are a lot of things that need fixed, upgraded, or just generally cleaned. I think students will show more pride for our school if it really looked like something to be proud of.
I liked that our teachers, while very understanding with outside circumstances, push us to be our best selves. I have reached potentials here that I didn't think I could. Not only that, but they have also aided in readying us for the real world, by teaching us skills such as responsibility, organization, respectfulness/politeness, and how to pay bills or fill out checks. The only thing I would like to see change is how they handle bullying and small problems within the school.