Plymouth-Whitemarsh Senior High School is an elite, public school located in Plymouth Meeting, PA. It has 1,475 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Plymouth-Whitemarsh Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-180 Students
- A+164 Students
- A129 Students
- B+108 Students
- A-100 Students
- A+87 Students
- A56 Students
- B51 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-42 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Plymouth-Whitemarsh Senior High School
- A+Lower Moreland High School
- Lower Moreland Township School District, PA
- 102 reviews
- A+Spring-Ford Senior High School
- Spring-Ford Area School District, PA
- 453 reviews
- A+Haverford Senior High School
- School District of Haverford Township, PA
- 245 reviews
- A+Penncrest High School
- Rose Tree Media School District, PA
- 186 reviews
Plymouth-Whitemarsh Senior High School Reviews
Overall, I'd say I enjoy my experience at PW. The school is definitely safe in my opinion. It's a very clean facility, and the new renovations only help with that. The staff is, for the most part, excellent. In my experience, the teachers who fall just short of excellence tend to lack in scheduling and time management of their syllabus. That being said, there all of the staff at PW could be considered St least "Very Good" by Niche standards. The school offers college counseling and regular college visits for upperclassmen. There is a fair amount of diversity, as well as a myriad of clubs to recognize and celebrate differences in PW culture (including a Gay Straight Alliance and several cultural awareness clubs). All in all, I like PW
PWHS is a school with many opportunities, both for varied subjects and difficulty levels in class selection and for activities inside and outside school hours, from competing in competitions to raising money for charity. Raising money for club activities and charities is fully supported by PWHS. In addition, PWHS's five block schedule allows for a "bonus block" break in the middle of the day for in-school activities and gives students flexible class scheduling. Even though the school is undergoing renovations, every completed project has vastly improved the school (for example, the new cafeteria, which was finished in March of 2016, has plenty of variety in seating and cuisine). PWHS is a school that is very well-rounded in all aspects.
I love Plymouth whitemarsh high school. The teachers are wonderful, and the students are great as well. They provide a lot of great tools to prepare us for college and provide us with great opportunities. I'm proud to call myself an alumni of this school!