Plymouth-Whitemarsh Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Plymouth Meeting, PA. It has 1,477 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Plymouth-Whitemarsh Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A236 Students
- A+202 Students
- A165 Students
- A-137 Students
- B129 Students
- A+99 Students
- A66 Students
- B60 Students
- B-57 Students
- A-47 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Plymouth-Whitemarsh Senior High School
- A+Lower Moreland High School
- Lower Moreland Township School District, PA
- 108 reviews
- A+Spring-Ford Senior High School
- Spring-Ford Area School District, PA
- 474 reviews
- A+Haverford Senior High School
- School District of Haverford Township, PA
- 266 reviews
- A+Penncrest High School
- Rose Tree Media School District, PA
- 201 reviews
Plymouth-Whitemarsh Senior High School Reviews
PW has a lot of activities and ways to get involved! Any student can make a club that they are interested in, and so there are lots of options. PW also has some wonderful teachers and many options for classes. There are AP courses offered in many subjects! The principal - Dr. Bacani - is attentive and cares about the students. I had a great experience at PW and feel that the school offered many opportunities that prepared me for college.
I attended Plymouth Whitemarsh High School during the school's most recent renovation. Though the school kinda looks like an airport now, it is really nice to have upgraded facilities for my class and future students. It's popular among students to claim they hate their school, but lots of my peers truly acknowledge that it's a privilege to go to a nationally ranked high school with teachers care about their education--whether it's obvious to those students or not. The school offers extensive AP and honors classes, as well as options for other college-bound and struggling students. PW offers tons of clubs and activities, students just need to seek them. Sure, my high school faced the same bureaucratic pressure almost all institutions face, but it was definitely the only place I'd want to attend.
I had an overall good experience at this high school. I attended this high school for 4 years. The teachers there were amazing. If you ever needed help, they would always make time for their students. The staff was always there for the student. Also, they had many different clubs too. There was a club for almost anything you wanted to do. The sports at the high school were also very good. I played bowling while I attended high school, but the main focus was on football and basketball. The school did need some improvement though. It was very outdated, no air conditioning in certain parts of the school, some parts would leak water. After I graduated, the school district remodeled the school. I would recommend anyone to go to this high school if they can. You will not regret your decision if your kids attend this high school.