Plymouth South High School Reviews

I love Plymouth South. I have never been enrolled in a school with kids as nice and generous as those who study here. I transferred in as a senior and expected the worst, but I was happily surprised with the best!
i love this school, it’s like my second home. I came here new to south in freshman year and instantly i felt a sense of home and togetherness. I will be so sad to leave in may.
Plymouth South High School is education as it should be. Each of the teachers are impassioned to help students succeed and stoke the flames for their creativity and growth. However, I meet many people who could be taking higher level courses with these teachers, but vastly underestimate themselves. As a result, they don't get the amount of credits they could be getting by graduation. I enjoin the staff of Plymouth South High School to encourage students to have confidence in their ability to learn.
Start Your Review of Plymouth South High School
They have recently built an entire new building with state of the art EVERYTHING, I so do wish I could go back in time to attend this new building.

Although I wish the art department got more time to shine-rather than all the sports teams I would have appreciated it more. I loved the Art department at south and was really close with my art teacher.

Also the Special education department is amazing!
Overall my experience at PSHS was a good one. They have recently demolished the school that I had gone to and have rebuilt a brand new school. I have yet to tour the new school, but it looks amazing. The pictures I have seen look like a state of the art facility and a big improvement from the old building. The only issue I had at the old building was it got very crowded being the school was designed for 1,200 students and my graduating year the school had over 1,600 students enrolled.
Most of the teachers are very nice and helpful. The AP classes are challenging and help prepare the students for college courses, even if the students don't do well on the AP test or use their credits towards college
Plymouth South was great, and so were the teachers. The food wasn't terrible either which is an added bonus! It is a tech high school, and there were so many options to choose from! Whether you wanted to be a cosmetologist, or a car mechanic straight out of high school you have the opportunity.
Plymouth Public Schools did a great job or preparing me for college and providing me with a good high school experience.
Since the new building was opened in 2017, going to Plymouth South High is certainly a new experience. The fresh architecture and plethora of windows truly gives the school a more open feel.
I’m a Plymouth South graduate and I couldn’t recommend this school more! It’s such a tight-knit community and not once did I ever feel excluded. The school pride is unreal, but for those who choose not to partake aren’t pressured to do so. Most of the teachers go above and beyond to help students do as well as they can whether it be through staying after for extra help, meeting during lunch, or even providing deadline extensions. Not only were the teachers incredibly helpful, I also felt a bond with every teacher that I had, which made school feel like I was hanging out with my friends while also learning. Another thing that I enjoyed about South was that there was no “popular” kids, it wasn’t a typical high school with cliques, there were many different types of people who were all friends with one another. Overall, I would highly recommend the school for it’s staff, and welcoming, communal feel.
At PSHS there is opportunity to choose an academic track, vocational track or a combination of both. It is in this setting that I discovered my passion and future career course. Had I not taken some of the electives/tech classes I would not be so sure of what I hope my future holds. PSHS made this possible. I am also the first senior class to graduate from a brand new state of the art high school.
I love how Plymouth South High School creates a safe and friendly environment for all their students. The principle and vice principal do an amazing job at working with everyone in a fair and honest way. Most teachers try to make a connection with their students and help them by staying after.
I graduated from Plymouth South. I loved that this was a tech school. It kept my interest because I was able to do my chosen activity the last 4 classes. I believe this prepared me for moving forward in the real world.
Brand new school great teachers.

Great high school experience
Plymouth South High School was more than just bricks and paved walls. Also known as PSHS, this school has shaped me into the individual I am today. Surely throughout my for years of attending this school I have had my ups and downs. However, with every obstacle I encountered there was always a teacher or peer of mine who assisted me in overcoming it. This school embodied the concept of acceptance. Whether it was your age, gender, sexuality, race, or religious beliefs you would always be welcomed with open arms at PSHS. I will dearly miss this school and I thank all the people inside who have helped me throughout the years.
Although referenced to as the "Dirty South", the only "dirty" aspect of our school was the building. The students, teachers, administration, and other staff were more than welcoming and kind to not only those at South, but in the community as well. Plymouth South is a tight knit family, where the status quo is nonexistent.
i loved the teachers and the way the school was setup. I was able to learn a trade while in highschool and completing normal highschool classes. The school spirit was out of this world, they were focused on education but knew how to have fun and rally around our sports teams. They made sure there was a club for everyone that wanted to be in one. The teachers while some of them weren't too involved a lot of them were teachers by day and coaches or mentors by night. The teachers were always there to lend a helping hand and to make sure that i was ready for whatever the world may throw at me.
Start Your Review of Plymouth South High School
School is very safe. However, it is easy to walk out of school or let someone in.
Extracurriculars are amazing if you're athletic. All sports are amazing in their own ways. however academic extracurriculars are limited and overlooked.
South is a great school. Compared to our rival, its low drama. Students bond over our mutual hate for the building and some teachers