Plymouth High School is a public school located in Plymouth, NC. It has 330 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Plymouth High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+54 Students
- B51 Students
- B-50 Students
- B-39 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+31 Students
- B-28 Students
- B+28 Students
- C+27 Students
- B+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Plymouth High School Reviews
I would like for the curriculum to be based more on college prep. I would like to see WCHS actually prepare the students for college instead of working at minimum-wage jobs. There should be classes for students who enjoy hands-on tasks such as workshop. There should be classes who enjoy theatre, dance, drama, etc. There should be more freedom for students who exemplify good behavior. Students with excellent behavior and grades should be allowed time to leave campus during break periods. Instead, students are treated like fourth-graders under lockdown. There is a lot of improvements that could and should be made at WCHS.
The environment is very friendly around our school. I, honestly love the fact the teachers are trying their hardest to get every an education. The only problem I think is really holding the school back is ‘Dress-Code’. Many kids are having issues with dress code, but I see no problem with it. They feel as if the teachers are way strict on clothes instead of grades. But , me personally, i’m totally fine with it!
I am a 2017 graduate from Plymouth High. I had a very rich experience at PHS, I was active in my classes, in sports and extra curriculum activities. If you are willing to be positive and stay focus, your high school years will be productive and of quality. Go Vikes!