Plymouth High School is a public school located in Plymouth, NC. It has 330 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Plymouth High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+54 Students
- B48 Students
- B-47 Students
- A+38 Students
- B-36 Students
- A+31 Students
- C+27 Students
- B+27 Students
- B-26 Students
- B+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Plymouth High School Reviews
The environment is very friendly around our school. I, honestly love the fact the teachers are trying their hardest to get every an education. The only problem I think is really holding the school back is ‘Dress-Code’. Many kids are having issues with dress code, but I see no problem with it. They feel as if the teachers are way strict on clothes instead of grades. But , me personally, i’m totally fine with it!
I am a 2017 graduate from Plymouth High. I had a very rich experience at PHS, I was active in my classes, in sports and extra curriculum activities. If you are willing to be positive and stay focus, your high school years will be productive and of quality. Go Vikes!
I love participating in the clubs and activities available. I would like the school to have more college preparation available to all students. The school should lower the amount of focus on dress code and put more emphasis on why test scores are so low. Administrators should work more with teachers to remove children that interrupt class so that the ones that want to succeed do not have to suffer.