Plum Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Plum, PA. It has 1,253 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Plum Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A140 Students
- A+108 Students
- A-73 Students
- B59 Students
- B-54 Students
- B-46 Students
- A+35 Students
- B33 Students
- C32 Students
- B28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like Plum Senior High School
- BKnoch High School
- South Butler County School District, PA
- 177 reviews
- C+Apollo-Ridge High School
- Apollo-Ridge School District, PA
- 52 reviews
- BKiski Area High School
- Kiski Area School District, PA
- 162 reviews
- BYough Senior High School
- Yough School District, PA
- 103 reviews
Plum Senior High School Reviews
I had a pretty good experience at Plum High School. Most of the teachers were friendly and truly cared about their jobs. They were there for you if you needed some extra help which was nice. I liked the senior project of job shadowing and I hope they continue this. It exposed me to the working world at an early age and I appreciate that!
Plum Senior High School has effectively prepared me for college by offering a multitude of college-in-high school and AP classes. However, the lack of school enthusiasm of the students and the lack of sufficient resources in the district are unfortunate aspects of the school that should eventually change.
If you are in a sport, you will have to be extremely committed to it. Most clubs have meetings and you do have to attend, but it is not as up tight as sports are. The band/music programs you must be committed to as well because they do take them very seriously, but its a great opportunity to get involved in them! The most popular options are football, then basketball, then soccer (sports wise). Club wise, Student government, music (theater or orchestra), then organizations like GLA.