Pleasure Ridge Park High School Reviews

It is an honor to be attending PRP HS, I was very nervous about attending but my first day of freshman year, I knew this is where I should be. I felt so welcome, everyone was so kind and helpful! The teachers are absolutely amazing, they are always there for you no matter what. This high school is like a big family, it is an amazing school to attend, there are also a lot of opportunities for each student.
At Pleasure Ridge Park(PRP) HS I loved how caring the staff is and how they are willing to do anything to help you succeed as a student in the big world. PRP HS is full of opportunity and allows you with all of the extracurricular activities that they provide to let you find who you are and build yourself into the person that will allow you make it in the big world.
During my time at Pleasure Ridge Park High School, I made many friends and learned valuable life lessons. I’d have to say my favorite aspect is the sense of community each student shares, however, in terms of academics, the school needs some work.
Start Your Review of Pleasure Ridge Park High School
It was pretty good. What I like about PRP is that there's lots of clubs and sports that suits you. From bowling to field hockey to Beta Club to robotics club it's whatever you like. Also there's some teachers there that really cares about your education and helps you strive to your success. We also have the best Pep Rally's they're super loud and lots of fun.
I like how pleasure ridge park is a family. I also like how many opportunities they have for you. If you need any help with anything teachers, and staff are always there for you if you have any problems.
PRP is a family oriented school. As soon as you walk through the doors, you are welcomed into a big family. Alumni show great pride in the school and are very involved; most return to teach.
I have been attending PRP high school my entire high school career. Coming into PRP as a freshman I was very nervous. PRP is a very welcoming school and you feel apart of the family instantly. The teachers not only care about your education but you as a person as well. PRP is a very school spirited school and overall I wouldn’t have wished to go anywhere else for high school.
Overall a really good experience. Teachers were engaging and cared for the students. There were many clubs and activities to be a part of. While it is a big school, being a part of the Advanced Program made it feel like a much smaller school.
My experience at Pleasure Ridge Park will be unforgettable. The teachers and administration are very caring. When you need help they are there. The school is safe. The diversity is beautiful. And the students are kind to each other. Bullying is not a problem.
It was a good school to learn. I feel the staff needs to listen to the students more. They need to establish a better rapport with the students.
I was able to open up to new experiences and really meet new people. The staff was so helpful with getting me to where I am today. I have learned so much these past four years and this school really is the main reason for that.
I loved the magnet program and that it was a performing arts school. I was in band and it was the best part of high school.
it was an over all good experience. i would like to see students being more open to letting other types of people in their friend groups.
My experience at PRP has been amazing. I have never felt like i could really connect to a school and its teachers and look at them as my family. When the time comes we are all a big family. When we need each other we are here and even through the negatives and the positives we stay close to each other. Its a blessing to represent the Ridge for my 4 years of highschool
At times not challenging enough, but overall successful experience. Would push for advanced classes for all kids. Beginning a new academy program which may make things much better!
The teachers taught their subjects quite well, and ultimately focused on students being prepared for college. The tactic I value most is how to take notes, how writing down every single thing on the screen is... a bad idea. As for improvements, other students were sometimes reckless - mainly the freshmen and sophomores - but that's likely to be the case at most schools.
Pleasure Ridge Park High School always made me feel like I was at home. It was always welcoming. They gave me the confidence and ability to explore my teenage mind and be creative in my own ways. They brought upon many opportunities for me to expand my knowledge and find a path that I would be interested in for my future self.
Start Your Review of Pleasure Ridge Park High School
Appearance could be better, teacher control over students could use some revising, and communication between teachers and students on college and career readiness needs to be completely changed so that students actually are aware of their options.
When I first set foot into PRP, it felt like an overwhelming dream come true. Kids in every direction, more voices than ever imagined, and all that you have to work with is your schedule and hope that you find where your class is in time. Every class was innovative and incorporated technology into lessons. On our phones we would use sites to help us learn or do research or class games together. I really felt that the school was the best in JCPS. It was moving forward and developing into a school were tech could make us thrive even more than before. Aside from that, everyday people would rush to the courtyard; we loved to be outside and hang out. Slowly but surely with our new principle they snatched all technology away from us other than school computers, forcing us not to get our phones or anything out in class, or during lunch, and we were also banned from the new courtyard. I'm sad to say that I will be happy to graduate from here, it feels more like a prison than a school now.
I like the freedom to choose classes based on interest and how willing counselors are to work with you.