Pleasantville High School is a top rated, public school located in Pleasantville, NY. It has 575 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Pleasantville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-42 Students
- A-30 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+27 Students
- A26 Students
- B+25 Students
- A+23 Students
- B+23 Students
- A-21 Students
- A+20 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyA-
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Pleasantville High School
- A+Somers Senior High School
- Somers Central School District, NY
- 118 reviews
- AYorktown High School
- Yorktown Central School District, NY
- 237 reviews
- A+Eastchester Senior High School
- Eastchester Union Free School District, NY
- 76 reviews
- AIrvington High School
- Irvington Union Free School District, NY
- 58 reviews
Pleasantville High School Reviews
Pleasantville High school is very dedicated to the individual students by giving them a home away from home. They treat you as individuals, yet, as part of a community. They view academics very highly and integrate sports and other extracurriculars into daily conversation and class discussion to get students involved.
This school is very college-focused. If you want to go on to college, this is a great school to help you get there. As a smaller school, there is perhaps a smaller variety of classes and clubs, but all the administrators will know you personally and by name. You don't have to worry about becoming lost in the crowd and being forgotten.
The teachers here are really there to help you succeed. They all know who you really are and know what makes you a great student. You get really close with all the teachers considering the small classroom sizes. The environment is also great however student drama can be a little overwhelming. The guidance counselors are there to help you and will do a lot just to get your schedule perfect for you during the beginning of each semesters. The athletics at this school are also amazing considering the multiple Section 1 titles we have won this year. Our theater program is also magnificent showing how hard the students work with such an amazing director for the school. We also have various clubs and activities at our school to join. People get a great education here and create many new friendships along the way.