Pleasanton High School is a public school located in Pleasanton, TX. It has 976 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Pleasanton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+86 Students
- B77 Students
- A+76 Students
- B+65 Students
- B63 Students
- A-54 Students
- B48 Students
- A45 Students
- B37 Students
- B+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Pleasanton High School Reviews
My experience in Pleasanton High School, was one that I enjoyed, however I will say that I never want to experience it again. I had my good moments, as well as bad ones... like the experiences I had with the cafeteria food, but I will say I did find life long friendships that I cherish to this day. On the flip side, I feel that the school does well with how they execute academics; however, they also do not prepare the student well enough to perform at their highest potential in college curriculum. As a school, they function great, but they still need to fix the issue in preparing their students for the future.
Being a student at Pleasanton High School has given me the chance to try various activities and courses to see what I liked and didn’t like, helping me choose my future career. Plus a lot of the teachers I had there were amazing and have always worked with me to help me get where I need to be. The administration haven’t always been that helpful towards me when it came to seeking help on how I get to where I need to be, but where there where gaps a lot of the teachers I had helped me and answered any questions I had about college and my future beyond high school. I truly appreciated a lot the teachers I have had there for helping my parents and I with questions about college, especially since I’m going to be the first in my family to go to college.
Pleasanton high school is very welcoming and understanding towards any grade level student. It provides benefits for college readiness and application, it has a very comforting environment and helpful teachers and staff.