Pleasanton High School is a public school located in Pleasanton, KS. It has 146 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+31 Students
- C+27 Students
- A18 Students
- A12 Students
- B+9 Students
- B7 Students
- C+7 Students
- B6 Students
- B-5 Students
- B-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Pleasanton High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Pleasanton High School
Pleasanton High School Reviews
While the janitors, cooks, and some of the teachers go above and beyond to make this school a better place, I cannot give it a very good rating. Many of the teachers are lazy and honestly only there for the pay and the coaching jobs while others are ignorant in the way the world really works. Also, the students at Pleasanton High are all very typical, two faced and ignorant. I can't honestly say that I enjoyed my time at this school. The fact that my academic and extracurricular needs were not met in the slightest is only the beginning of my problems.
I like how Pleasanton has a small school. Teachers can give students more 1-on-1 time. Teachers can easily determine their teaching style based on class sizes. In the 2017-18 school year they added two new sports teams based off of student interests.
I hold the view that because our school is smaller, 1A, and most of the parents are in the staff or board members, that disciplinary action is not seen as what colleges and universities will see it on their transcript. Most bullying that I have seen happens among siblings that are students and that is mostly just the usual teasing and hazing between children.