Pleasant Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Jacksonville, AL. It has 496 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B76 Students
- C+48 Students
- A43 Students
- A29 Students
- A21 Students
- A-15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B12 Students
- B12 Students
- A-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Pleasant Valley High School Reviews
I love Pleasant Valley High School because I have been going there since sixth grade. It is not the smallest school but it is also not the largest school either. It is average size and has lots of nice people. Pleasant Valley has a wonderful Track and Field team as well. The teachers are all very nice and everyone is taught what they are needed to know to be prepared and ready for college. I love the classes, the sports, and the clubs we have at our school. Every activity is fun and wonderful. As I am a senior, I plan to enjoy my last year and make it the best it can be.
My experience while attending Pleasant Valley has been positive. The teachers are helpful and care about the students. The school participates in the dual-enrollment program, which helps the participating students in pursuing their academics for college. There are active sports programs and other club activities for students to participate in.
Pleasant Valley is a small school, so we all know each other. Since our high school is seventh through twelfth grade, the younger classes learn how to fit in the high school at an earlier age. Thankfully, our senior classes always watch after the younger students and volunteer to help out. I love my school and am proud to be a Raider!