Pleasant Valley High School is a top rated, public school located in Bettendorf, IA. It has 1,336 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Pleasant Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A202 Students
- A114 Students
- B+77 Students
- B41 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+34 Students
- B-33 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+28 Students
- A27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Pleasant Valley High School
- A-Bettendorf High School
- Bettendorf Community School District, IA
- 175 reviews
- B+North Scott Senior High School
- North Scott Community School District, IA
- 127 reviews
- B+Central High School
- Davenport Community School District, IA
- 180 reviews
- B+Moline Senior High School
- Moline Unified School District No. 40, IL
- 316 reviews
Pleasant Valley High School Reviews
This school is just wonderful with many great teachers who really know and teach their subjects well. The atmosphere is nice and friendly and academics, arts and athletics are all valued!
I am the parent of twin seniors that who've grown and flourished throughout their 13th years in the Pleasant Valley School system. I have been extremely pleased and proud with my experience throughout their education and how they've helped my children gain integrity, morality, kindness, respect for others and themselves, develop great character, retain wonderful memories and have lifelong friends. Thank you to all the staff and administrators for all your hard work in helping my children become wonderful adults.
Pleasant Valley High School (PV) offers a variety of ways to prep the students for college. I found myself enjoying classes, but also struggling with them, which taught me "how to fight" in a class and seek different ways of succeeding. The transition into college is not easy, neither was it perfect, but I do believe that PV offered me enough academic opportunities to "dive into" college. If I were to give someone an advice before going to PV, it would be to be patient with yourself. PV is an extremely competitive school, where most students are at the top, rather than average. Sometimes, I did find myself feeling "below average", but the school provides tools to help each student grow in his/her own way. This would be the only complaint I have about the school- it is more competitive than necessary, but again, most students are at the top because of that.