Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Pleasant Valley High School is a top rated, public school located in Bettendorf, IA. It has 1,414 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Pleasant Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A299 Students
- grade A165 Students
- grade B+102 Students
- grade B54 Students
- grade A+51 Students
- grade C+50 Students
- grade A45 Students
- grade A+45 Students
- grade A+44 Students
- grade A+40 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responses
- Pep rallies50%
- Cross Country Program15%
- Concert/Marching Band10%
- Matching band10%
- Swim Program10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,790 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 29 responses
Schools like Pleasant Valley High School
- grade ABettendorf High School
- Bettendorf Community School District, IA
- Rating 4.07 out of 5 198 reviews
- grade BNorth Scott Senior High School
- North Scott Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 153 reviews
- grade B+Central High School
- Davenport Community School District, IA
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 190 reviews
- grade B+Moline Senior High School
- Moline Unified School District No. 40, IL
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 349 reviews
Pleasant Valley High School Reviews
Rating 4 out of 5 212 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Pleasant Valley offers many opportunities for students. There are many clubs, sports and music organizations that all students are welcome to join. Students are also able to create their own clubs if they get approval for them. This allows the students to become involved with the school and meet new people. Another opportunity to get involved through the school is by joining Spartan Assembly. This organization is the student council for PV and creates real-world like jobs for the students. Aside from clubs, PV has one of the biggest and most talented bandanna in Iowa. The marching band at PV is as big as the state schools’ in Iowa!
PVHS is a diverse, academically sound high school. Its music programs are second to none with over 1/4 of the student body participating. Athletics vary by the sport, but are generally very competitive. Some outstanding coaches are in the midst, but in some sports, coaches need to be replaced as they do not have empathy for student-athletes. When you see a lot of seniors in a sport, there is reason for that - coaches with a sense for what matters!
There are lots of things to get involved in at this school. For the most part, students can find interesting classes to take and won't have much issue getting into those classes. There are lots of clubs and sports to try out. Lunch is hit or miss, but the mashed potato chicken bowl is delicious. My only complaint would be with my peers' casual racism and the lack of action from the staff. Some teachers will stick up for the right thing and others will push it under the rug. It's really just what you'd expect from a mostly-white high school in Iowa.