Pleasant Valley High School is an elite, public school located in Bettendorf, IA. It has 1,307 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A170 Students
- A103 Students
- B+70 Students
- B+34 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+30 Students
- B-28 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Pleasant Valley High School
- ABettendorf High School
- Bettendorf Community School District, IA
- 161 reviews
- A-North Scott Senior High School
- North Scott Community School District, IA
- 124 reviews
- B+Central High School
- Davenport Community School District, IA
- 176 reviews
- B+Moline Senior High School
- Moline Unified School District No. 40, IL
- 304 reviews
Pleasant Valley High School Reviews
Pleasant Valley High School (PV) offers a variety of ways to prep the students for college. I found myself enjoying classes, but also struggling with them, which taught me "how to fight" in a class and seek different ways of succeeding. The transition into college is not easy, neither was it perfect, but I do believe that PV offered me enough academic opportunities to "dive into" college. If I were to give someone an advice before going to PV, it would be to be patient with yourself. PV is an extremely competitive school, where most students are at the top, rather than average. Sometimes, I did find myself feeling "below average", but the school provides tools to help each student grow in his/her own way. This would be the only complaint I have about the school- it is more competitive than necessary, but again, most students are at the top because of that.
I loved PVHS. I had teachers that I became very close with and over all, the teacher actually cared about you and your performance in their class. For the most part, you knew most you your classmates even if you didn't get along. The fine arts department was phenomenal. The band is still one of the most well known aspects of the school, but the choir and orchestra are also incredibly talented. I loved the art program as well and we were lucky enough to have teachers that poured their heart and soul into helping shape us and the program had good funding, unlike some other schools. At PV, they prepared us for the future and college in a way that many people at my current college were not and for that I am extremely grateful.
PV is a school that has great academics and many clubs. The school tries hard for student engagement with spirit week, Power for Parker, award ceremonies, congratulating students over announcements, diversity months, and interactive posters. The racial diversity is a bit lacking, but I feel that is more due to the area the school is in rather than racial bullying from students.