Pleasant Plains High School is an above average, public school located in Pleasant Plains, IL. It has 420 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Pleasant Plains High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B54 Students
- B47 Students
- B+38 Students
- A+34 Students
- A-27 Students
- B-23 Students
- B+23 Students
- A-22 Students
- A21 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Pleasant Plains High School
- C+Virginia Senior High School
- Virginia Community Unit School District No. 64, IL
- 47 reviews
- B-PORTA High School
- Porta Community Unit School District No. 202, IL
- 41 reviews
- B+New Berlin High School
- New Berlin Community Unit School District No. 16, IL
- 74 reviews
- B-Athens Senior High School
- Athens Community Unit School District No. 213, IL
- 28 reviews
Pleasant Plains High School Reviews
Pleasant Plains gives an average high school experience. The Sports teams are decently successful however, they are extremely lacking in the fine arts programs. The school tends to value their athletes more than other students. If a student is behind in classes there are peer tutors you can sign up for but most teachers do not care to help struggling students. The every day life of students involves cliques dramatically. If you don't fit in with the athletes or the "cooler"smart kids then you are basically bait for anyone to pick on you. Most girls are very hateful and want to cause as much drama as possible. Even the people you don't talk to are sure to have something about you. Wether it be your clothing choice or simply what your hair or makeup looks like. Moving on the lunch is what you could say average for a public school. In personal experience I have known people who have had under cooked food or even found a small bug on a french fry.
I have went to Pleasant Plains High School for 4 years now. I am active in many clubs and sports throughout the school. I am involved in Spanish Club, Science Club, Beta Club, National Honors Society, and I am involved in Cardinal Ambassadors with in the school. I also play volleyball, basketball, and I participate in track and field. The teachers and staff are all so nice and willing to help their students with any problems. The atmosphere in the school is very relaxing and all of the students are friends. There are a variety of classes at you can take to prepare you for your future if you go to college or straight to work like: AP classes or agricultural classes. The normal lunch line has the A and B meals that you get a main course and two sides. The a la carte line has a bunch of main course meals and a few sides, but it is much more expensive. Overall I think my experience at Pleasant Plains High School was enjoyable and I really thought that it has prepared me for my future.
I was incredibly blessed to have move halfway through freshman year to this school. Immediately, I felt welcomed by not only the amazing staff, but the kids attending as well. The staff really cares for its students, and was there for me when I was unsure if I could make it through high school. When I struggled in math, which was every single year in high school, they sat me down and made sure I understood and gave me extra help when needed. They stayed after school if need be and was always an email away from help. I remember studying late one night for an exam the next day and I just wasn't understanding the material. It was around 11:30pm and I emailed the teacher, not expecting to get a reply until the morning, but I received a reply with that next 30 minutes of an explanation and extra practice problems. This school really goes above and beyond for its student, and I am grateful I attended this school.