Pleasant Plains High School is an above average, public school located in Pleasant Plains, IL. It has 449 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
500 N Cartwright St
Pleasant Plains, IL 62677
Pleasant Plains High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B39 Students
- B34 Students
- B+27 Students
- A+26 Students
- B17 Students
- A16 Students
- B+15 Students
- B14 Students
- A-13 Students
- A13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Pleasant Plains High School
- C+Virginia Senior High School
- Virginia Community Unit School District No. 64, IL
- 46 reviews
- B-PORTA High School
- Porta Community Unit School District No. 202, IL
- 40 reviews
- BNew Berlin High School
- New Berlin Community Unit School District No. 16, IL
- 69 reviews
- B-Athens Senior High School
- Athens Community Unit School District No. 213, IL
- 26 reviews
Pleasant Plains High School Reviews
My experience at Pleasant Plains High school on scale of 1-10 would be a 6. I had just an ok high school career and liked most of the teachers. I was involved in several sports while in attendance there. I think that i would say the experience could have been better if certain issues were better disciplined. Bullying is an ongoing issue everywhere. I was a-kid that was bullied. It is hard to stay focused and excel in all things when you feel low and unaccepted by your peers. Also, when telling a teacher or administrator and nothing is done about it because of who certain kids are. Its an ongoing issue that I am not sure how to solve if all kids are not treated the same way and receive the same discipline. If all kids are not subject to the same standards, how can there ever be justice and a no-bullying policy? It is an ongoing issue at all schools and needs to stop.
The new updates to the school are very nice and promote a productive learning environment. A small amount of the teachers care deeply about promoting a fun, educational environment, and care about making sure students understand the curriculum. There is very little diversity. The school is safe and there is a decent amount of student involvement in school activities, academic and athletic. Also, the food is better than average and there are many options.
Pretty meh. The food is descent enough and the new additions to the building are nice. Some teachers are good, some are meh. Also a very prviledged school that enables laziness. Lot of white farm boys, and no real diversity. Most students are narrow-minded and only care about doing drugs or other stuff.