Pleasant Hill High School is an above average, public school located in Pleasant Hill, MO. It has 639 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B96 Students
- B+63 Students
- A51 Students
- B+44 Students
- NG34 Students
- B34 Students
- A20 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-18 Students
- A17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Pleasant Hill High School
- BGrain Valley High School
- Grain Valley R-V School District, MO
- 136 reviews
- C+Oak Grove High School
- Oak Grove R-VI School District, MO
- 63 reviews
- BRaymore-Peculiar Senior High School
- Raymore-Peculiar R-II School District, MO
- 272 reviews
- C+Harrisonville High School
- Harrisonville R-IX School District, MO
- 79 reviews
Pleasant Hill High School Reviews
The staff at Pleasant Hill High are super nice to students, and the office staff have proven to be very attentive to parent concerns (for example: I had broken a bone on a school trip, and the principal would take notes in regards to my mother's concerns about how teachers handle accidents).
Actual Rating: 3.5
Actual Rating: 3.5
Throughout my almost four years of high school, there have been many great things and some not so great things. Like any other school, Pleasant Hill High School is trying their hardest to make sure we are prepared for college/real life. The school offers as many dual credit class as they can, but being from a small town and school district, we are limited. On the down side, there will always be the occasional drug bust or someone's carrying a knife scare, but what school doesn't have those? The only real downside is that the teachers are not provided with enough information to really teach. They do the best with what they have, but I think that our curriculum will always be behind.
The teachers are great. It's the curriculum that sucks. The teachers are not given enough information on some subjects and honestly, aren't given the most effective ways of teaching the subject. The teachers are there to help you about eighty percent of the time, which is nice. I think they understand that some subjects are hard to grasp and that's also their job to help us out. Great teachers, sucky curriculum.