Pleasant Grove High School Reviews

Pleasant Grove is very involved in the community. The only issue is teachers and principals. It is a very expensive place to go to but it is worth it in the end. There are many great programs to be involved in.
What I like about Pleasant Grove High school is the well funded departments such as the arts, technology, and sports. With these programs being well funded it gives the teachers and student the ability to be learn creatively and excel. They also invest in well qualified teachers who know what they are teaching and are passionate about their jobs. Lastly, they care about the safety by having campus police that constantly patrol the campus.
High Striving, but low funded. Students are typically viewed as exclusive, or privileged, but all backgrounds are represented.
Start Your Review of Pleasant Grove High School
I love the atmosphere at PG. I've been a student here since Kindergarten and have made many friends due to the friendly environment. I've also enjoyed being in the classroom because the teachers are so nice and helpful.
A lot of different faces, cultures, ethnicities and exchange students.
Great award winning sports, fine arts, band programs.
Some parents are preppy. Some parents get their way because of people they know. The rest stay quiet.
They are average teachers. Some go above and beyond.
The teachers I have had the past few years have truly taught me the fundamentals for being successful. They want you to do your very best and they will help you do so. They challenge you to trying and doing things you never thought you could. Through college applications, they have also been extremely supportive. My teachers have left a lasting influence on my life.
Pleasant Grove High School gives us many opportunities in furthering our education. They help us connect with our community by doing service projects and holding community wide events such as Fields of Faith. Through my years of high school all of my teachers have always put their students first. They believe that by the end of high school we should be well prepared for college. My school also has many clubs and organizations. I am currently the HOSA Club President and I have enjoyed getting the chance to understand the views of the medical field. One experience I loved at my school was going to football games and seeing the student section packed and the bleachers filled with cheering fans. From Colorguard Captain to band nerd, a PG Hawk is who I am and I would do it all over again.
The school is small enough that the teachers, staff, and everyone that works in the office knows all of the students. I have always felt safe at school.
There are a lot of extracurricular activities to be involved in and thee entire community is supportive of all of the athletic teams.
I've got a great group of friends and have enjoyed attending Pleasant Grove.
The staff and people I have came across are good people to help you be guided own the right path
The school is mostly white with a few other races. Few are gay, but most people are accepting of different people.
Most of the students are alright and the police officer is probably enough for the school's defense. No need for security. Some of the students will inevitably make bad decisions and the high school has lectures and programs to bring awareness to it and tries to limit it as much as possible.
I did not eat cafeteria food, but they got a new chef last school year and I heared that the food was a lot better and that there were much more options.
Start Your Review of Pleasant Grove High School
In my classes, the only thing that bothered me was when some of the students did not show respect to their teacher or peers. They needed discipline, but most teachers tend t let most things slide, some will not stand for anything. I would stand up for these teachers and students that were mistreated, but it is a public high school.
This school invested A LOT of money into the sports program and made a huge athletic building almost as big as the school. The school has a large football field and many people attend the games. The new athletic building has an amazing weight room, an indoor football field, a great basketball court, and excellent locker rooms. Many people are involved.
This school has a few very good teachers and this school has a few that are not as great. They're all good people, but they mostly meet expecations. I'm comparing them to my professors at my university, so I may be biased since my professors are much more knowledgable and effective teachers. The teachers at this high school are mostly what you'd expect in high school, but some are amazing and you do not forget them. The above poll generalizes all teachers to one answer, but really, some teachers are avaliable out of class, some are not as much, some give interesting lessons, some don't. Overall, they're good at what they do.