Pleasant Grove High School is a highly rated, public school located in Texarkana, TX. It has 658 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Pleasant Grove High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B70 Students
- B61 Students
- A+58 Students
- A54 Students
- A+41 Students
- A38 Students
- C+36 Students
- A35 Students
- B+33 Students
- B-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Pleasant Grove High School
- A-Texas High School
- Texarkana Independent School District, TX
- 265 reviews
- BRedwater High School
- Redwater Independent School District, TX
- 38 reviews
- B+Hooks High School
- Hooks Independent School District, TX
- 36 reviews
- B-Genoa Central High School
- Genoa Central School District, AR
- 32 reviews
Pleasant Grove High School Reviews
What I like about Pleasant Grove High school is the well funded departments such as the arts, technology, and sports. With these programs being well funded it gives the teachers and student the ability to be learn creatively and excel. They also invest in well qualified teachers who know what they are teaching and are passionate about their jobs. Lastly, they care about the safety by having campus police that constantly patrol the campus.
High Striving, but low funded. Students are typically viewed as exclusive, or privileged, but all backgrounds are represented.
Pleasant Grove High School gives us many opportunities in furthering our education. They help us connect with our community by doing service projects and holding community wide events such as Fields of Faith. Through my years of high school all of my teachers have always put their students first. They believe that by the end of high school we should be well prepared for college. My school also has many clubs and organizations. I am currently the HOSA Club President and I have enjoyed getting the chance to understand the views of the medical field. One experience I loved at my school was going to football games and seeing the student section packed and the bleachers filled with cheering fans. From Colorguard Captain to band nerd, a PG Hawk is who I am and I would do it all over again.