Pleasant Grove High School Reviews

Graduated in 2018 and the last four years were not the best for everyone because of staff undermining and belittling students. Of course there were those rare teachers who were amazing so students would latch onto them. The social aspect was very clique-y so if you didn’t have any friends then you would be bored or not have as much fun. I personally had good teachers and a good amount of friends to keep me happy, but I know that is not the case for everyone. My senior year was when the atmosphere began to change only after a racist viral video on twitter made by a PG student did the staff begin to change. The whole school itself needs a lot of work but it also did have some good like the rallies and a bit of prom/ball. A good school and I had fun but others can’t say the same.
Through my experience at Pleasant Grove, I broke out of my shell and became the person that I am today. The environment of Pleasant Grove is positive and welcoming, with many resources available in the form of supportive teachers who go above and beyond their duties to help you, fellow students and classmates who encourage you to do the right thing, and many activities and clubs to ensure that you find like-minded people to enjoy the same things as you do.
The school offers a wide variety of Advanced Placement classes with supportive teachers that greatly prepare their students for college.
Start Your Review of Pleasant Grove High School
Pleasant Grove is a school with a prestigious academic reputation. However, the school is working on improving its behavioral problems. as bullying on the topic of racism is a prominent struggle for the school.
Attending Pleasant Grove High School was great. I was apart of their FFA (future farmers of America) program throughout all four years. This program taught me how to be responsible and how to be comfortable in public speaking. I was also apart of our Polynesian Dance club. This club gave me a better understanding of the Polynesian culture and gave me the opportunity to meet wonderful boys and girls who were also interested in the culture.
Pleasant Grove is a high-academic, diverse school located in the center of the suburbs in Elk Grove, California. I have had a rollercoaster of a journey going through high school, although feeling safe and protected when I get to school is the best feeling. The rigorous academics keep me challenged and ready for my upcoming college experience. Most teachers we’re more then willing to help their students and to fully teach all curriculum throughouly and thoughtfully; in hopes to accomadate to each students needs. Pleasant Grove has an independent and strong student body, who has a voice that wants to be heard. Anytime any issues have arouse theoughout campus my peers have always been driven to ensure administration hears about it. Pleasant Grove High School is a top of the line public school and I have had a great 4-years from the students, staff, and adminisration.
had great teachers who truly cares. They take their time to get to know each and every students. Also, a lot of the students are really great people.
I like the high school experience that Pleasant Grove presents. The administrators work hard to ensure we have a safe and secure campus where we can achieve an excellent high school education. The administrators also help us towards a successful future.
I think that coming here and making friends was an amazing experience, and the academics were great. I had support from pretty much everyone while I was there.
Staff mostly just cared about the appearance of the school and not the actual students. Sports were put above everything else and got most of the funding.
The teachers give students a lot of help even if you need more help they will stay after school for you. The sports are so good specially football season every one in this school stand for each other. You will never feel alone.
Pleasant Grove was a school built in a upscale neighborhood but it wasn't all what it was expected to be. Staff showed favoritism, allowing kids to ditch when they felt like it. The parking lot didn't fit the cars on campus so accidents were happening a lot. Pleasant Grove put up a tacky cheap fence and set up around the school making it look and feel like you were in a prison. The kids were all privileged and stuck up with their high designer clothes and no respect for anyone. Pleasant Grove gave me a poor experience of high school.
Whill attending Pleasant Grove High School, I really enjoyed my classes because most of the teachers at the school are excellent. The teachers are very kind and active and they are willing to help any students at all times. I also enjoyed attending sporting events and school dances as the school always puts in maximum effort into making events fun. Pleasant Grove is an amazing school and I would not change anything about it except if I could go back, I would join one of the schools many clubs.
Recently, Pleasant Grove High School became synonymous with "the racist school of Elk Grove". A student from our school brought national attention following a video she posted where she used racial slurs and harmful language. While I'm not proud of this event, Pleasant Grove's response to the situation is something I take pride in. Our school placed cultural sensitivity as a necessary part of our educational environment. Pleasant Grove held a forum where both students and parents could voice their experiences and opinions regarding our current school environment. A group of students came together and formed a committee where we could openly discuss ways where we, as peers, could grow as a community. We celebrated Black History Month as well as Asian/ Pacific Islander Month. Rather than accepting an improper label placed on our school due to the mishaps of one student, the entire student body came together in an effort to accept and even embrace our cultural differences.
It’s not horrible, but there are definitely better high schools in the district such as Franklin. It is pretty rigorous compared to the other schools though.
Pleasant Grove offered many academic and social opportunities. Most of the teachers are determined to see all of their students succeed, so they will offer tutoring for extra help. There are also a variety of clubs on campus and sports that students could join or support.
Pleasant grove wasn't too pleasant to be in ;). However, I did at least learn how to identify an isosceles triangle along with having the gracious opportunity to meet very kind and inspiring teachers.
Start Your Review of Pleasant Grove High School
The teachers for the most part were very kind and very funny. Most of them are super funny and know how to make class interesting. The food at lunch could be better but the outside lines are the best. The people there are really friendly, in my experience and they are pretty chill. Obviously, there are still fake people and people that are rude but just choose your friends wisely and you have a recipe for fun for 4 years. The club’s and extracurricular activities and sports are pretty good and I definitely recommend joining some! I feel like the general thing here and everywhere is that people will treat you how you treat others.
Pleasant grove high school is a very good school. From the friendly atmosphere to the amazing teachers, they really help you accomplish a lot.
My personal experience at Pleasant Grove has had its ups and downs. The academics at this school are fantastic; I always felt challenged in my advanced classes and enjoyed the majority of my teachers. Diversity wise, Pleasant Grove is not very diverse which is felt throughout campus. There have been issues regarding race that just recently gained huge media attention. The change I would like to see at this school is a more connected campus. Students and faculty need to have a greater trust and understanding in order to break down barriers that have affected our school. The reason I gave the rating “very good,” is due to the teachers I have had, the friends I have made, and the success I have had academically, although I know other students face obstacles which may lead my fellow peers to rate the school differently, a problem which could be solved when the school is unified.