Plattsmouth High School is a public school located in Plattsmouth, NE. It has 556 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Plattsmouth High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B101 Students
- A-85 Students
- C+41 Students
- B29 Students
- B+29 Students
- C+29 Students
- B+25 Students
- B-24 Students
- A-19 Students
- B17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Plattsmouth High School
- BLewis Central Senior High School
- Lewis Central Community School District, IA
- 207 reviews
- BConestoga Junior/Senior High School
- Conestoga Public Schools, NE
- 43 reviews
- BBellevue East High School
- Bellevue Public Schools, NE
- 181 reviews
- CEast Mills Jr. Sr. High School
- East Mills Community School District, IA
- 41 reviews
Plattsmouth High School Reviews
I felt like my teachers did a good job preparing me for college and supporting my decisions about college and life. I have heard from my siblings that a few of my teachers that I had have actually retired or took a different teaching job, so I'm not sure how relevant my review will be. I'm sure that the teachers hired to replace those losses though are amazing and supportive like mine were. One thing I do wish that Plattsmouth High School would put more energy, money and support into is the Fine Arts. I was told that they won't pay for a full-time accompanist for the choirs, show choirs and plays/musicals. The band instruments (at least when I was still there) were also about 10+ years old. If the school would put even half as much energy and money into the fine arts as they do sports and the spirit squad, the fine arts department would be thriving. The participants are good, but they lack the proper tools and funds to achieve their full potential.
The people were all from a small town and for the most part very negative. The academics failed to properly prepare me for college nor did they challenge me at the time. There were several threats to hurt kids in the school made anonymously but fights for the most part were uncommon. The school is predominantly white with little diversity. Sports had some good coaches but others entirely unqualified. The parents were almost entirely negative, as is the town itself. Some of the teachers cared deeply about their students and I forged some great relationship with them. Sports facilities were adequate for athletic training. The food was typical for high school students. The administration had a very small-town mentality that thrived on drama. Overall, the few upsides were some great friends and some teachers were incredibly plus a solid athletic facility.
There are many things I've learned to love about Plattsmouth High School over the last 4 years. The atmosphere and environment is accepting and welcoming, and the student body is very involved in making our school and school experience the best it could possibly be. There are countless opportunities for students to improve leadership skills, learn new skills, and figure out what they want to do with their future. Furthermore, the administration here at the school has the students success in their best interests.