Plattsmouth High School is a public school located in Plattsmouth, NE. It has 529 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Plattsmouth High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+77 Students
- A65 Students
- C+30 Students
- B+26 Students
- B-21 Students
- B19 Students
- A-18 Students
- B-16 Students
- B15 Students
- C+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Plattsmouth High School
- BLewis Central Senior High School
- Lewis Central Community School District, IA
- 195 reviews
- A-Conestoga Junior/Senior High School
- Conestoga Public Schools, NE
- 39 reviews
- BBellevue East High School
- Bellevue Public Schools, NE
- 150 reviews
- CEast Mills Jr. Sr. High School
- East Mills Community School District, IA
- 41 reviews
Plattsmouth High School Reviews
For a Class B school, Plattsmouth offers a decent amount of courses, programs and activities. For the most part, teachers and Admin. are great to work with and try to help the student to the best of their ability. The coaches are great and care a lot about their athletes (in and outside the classroom). Parent support is wonderful in all areas (sports, Arts etc). Downfall: Academics! Not enough recognition given to students who excel & also not enough classes for those who want AP or Honors courses. Also, some sports are funded & supported more than others.
The teachers at Plattsmouth vary in difficulty and learning style. All the teachers I have had have been knowledgeable, and approachable. Each learning style is unique but every teacher adapts to help students. As everywhere there are exceptions, but overall my learning experience has been a positive one, however not necessarily challenging. Communication varies from teacher to teacher, but email is the simplest, most common form. Grading is fairly consistent within departments, but changes from department to department. One frustrating thing is the inconsistency in the concept of "retakes".
Plattsmouth High school has been a great experience so far. I have met a lot of great people and learned a lot from my teachers and students. Every teacher wants you to do great, so they prep you well. They dont't give up and help you no matter what the problem may be!