Plattsburg High School Reviews

My experience with Plattsburg high school has been a little rocky. The teachers here, in my opinion, are great, and really care about their students, I just feel that it seems like the school is against us all in many situations. One of my biggest regrets about the school, is our lack of an actual geography course, as I was wanting one since freshman year. Overall there are far worse schools to be in, I just wish this one would take education a little more seriously.
I really enjoyed the small classroom setting, as it gave me more of an opportunity to have one on one time with the teachers. I felt like a person VS just a number.
When i think about my high school experience, there are many things that come to mind. Some of them are: good memories, bad memories, mistakes, lessons, happiness, heartbreak, misfortune, joy, drama, and most importantly, fun. High School to me seemed like it past by really fast, almost too fast sometimes. I learned many valuable life lessons as well as made life long friends. I learned the value of hard work, dedication, and also how to tell your real friends from the others. It was tough but overall a great experience that i will soon miss.
Start Your Review of Plattsburg High School
Plattsburg is okay. Nothing is really special. It's just a small town highschool with maybe 200 kids in it. The teachers are judgemental and nosey in some cases and the kids are too. The kids are very clique-y and disapline is not consistent from case to case. Strong favoritism is shown to sports kids. Arts gets little encouragement or recognition.
I loved the small size of the school. I enjoy knowing everyone that I go to school with, and I believe because it is a small school, there is a better learning environment. I know my teachers well and feel completely comfortable asking them any questions I have. If I could do it all again, I definitely would.
The extracurricular activities within Plattsburg High School are fantastic. While they are given very little money, the students and teachers work together to really bring out the best in all of the students who participate in them. Some of the best organizations are FFA, FBLA, Theater Guild, National Honors Society, and Rotary Interact.
I love this school for one reason, and that is the students within it. The kids are what makes Plattsburg High school a truly amazing atmosphere. While often times the parents and teachers may seem uninvolved, the kids all care deeply about one another and have such unique ambitions. I do not think that there are many other schools that have such an amazing student body as Plattsburg High.
The teachers are all fairly new and have little experience teaching. While I feel at some point they will be excellent teachers currently they are still fresh and trying to figure out how to teach. The students are often the ones who suffer the consequence of this. I also feel as if the classes are very simple, and there is very little challenge scholastically within the student body.
My experience at school is pretty good. i have never been one to go to football games or dances, but I am very involved and happy that my school provides good programs like Science Olympiad. Our team always does well but not much appreciation is received from the rest of the school. Athletics receive way too much funding and attention, especially when our chemistry room is ancient and our books are falling apart for some classes. It is unique only due to the people who attend high school. In my opinion, high school is pretty much the same everywhere, and individuals determine how good the school is. At our school, one student went to a World Championship for model airplanes (Me), another student is one in 30 in the nation to be a United States Senate Page, and another student went to the FFA National Convention for the talent competition and received 5th place. Even though the school does not offer very much, you can always find something outside of school, which might be more memorable anyway.
The teachers are all good, and have really boosted our school in the last few years. All teachers are engaging and try their best to help students. One teacher even has tutoring after class at night to help students prepare for end of course tests. They are all knowledgeable and very helpful.
There is not a lot of variety, especially for the"healthy choices".
The school really cracks down on dress code and controversial topics.
Recently, the athletic division has greatly improved in the past couple of years.
There are some good teachers, but then there are some bad eggs. I unfortunately did not feel as prepared as I should when I started my freshman year in college.
The groups have potential, but there is a lack of funding for the "push" they need to be excellent.
I am currently attending Truman State University. It is challenging, but I love it here.
We could use more computer labs
Start Your Review of Plattsburg High School
Most teachers help the students whenever they can
The administration helps out in minimal ways
Bullying isn't seen as a problem, even though it is