Plattsburg High School is an above average, public school located in Plattsburg, MO. It has 228 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B33 Students
- C21 Students
- A17 Students
- B+11 Students
- B11 Students
- B+11 Students
- B-10 Students
- NG7 Students
- A7 Students
- B-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Plattsburg High School
- B-East Buchanan High School
- East Buchanan County C-I School District, MO
- 20 reviews
- BCameron High School
- Cameron R-I School District, MO
- 55 reviews
- BKearney High School
- Kearney R-I School District, MO
- 179 reviews
- BNorth Platte High School
- North Platte County R-I School District, MO
- 72 reviews
Plattsburg High School Reviews
When i think about my high school experience, there are many things that come to mind. Some of them are: good memories, bad memories, mistakes, lessons, happiness, heartbreak, misfortune, joy, drama, and most importantly, fun. High School to me seemed like it past by really fast, almost too fast sometimes. I learned many valuable life lessons as well as made life long friends. I learned the value of hard work, dedication, and also how to tell your real friends from the others. It was tough but overall a great experience that i will soon miss.
My experience at school is pretty good. i have never been one to go to football games or dances, but I am very involved and happy that my school provides good programs like Science Olympiad. Our team always does well but not much appreciation is received from the rest of the school. Athletics receive way too much funding and attention, especially when our chemistry room is ancient and our books are falling apart for some classes. It is unique only due to the people who attend high school. In my opinion, high school is pretty much the same everywhere, and individuals determine how good the school is. At our school, one student went to a World Championship for model airplanes (Me), another student is one in 30 in the nation to be a United States Senate Page, and another student went to the FFA National Convention for the talent competition and received 5th place. Even though the school does not offer very much, you can always find something outside of school, which might be more memorable anyway.
Plattsburg is okay. Nothing is really special. It's just a small town highschool with maybe 200 kids in it. The teachers are judgemental and nosey in some cases and the kids are too. The kids are very clique-y and disapline is not consistent from case to case. Strong favoritism is shown to sports kids. Arts gets little encouragement or recognition.