grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Platteville High School is a highly rated, public school located in Platteville, WI. It has 416 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Platteville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B84 Students
- grade A+72 Students
- grade A minus44 Students
- grade B31 Students
- grade A27 Students
- grade B27 Students
- grade B24 Students
- grade A23 Students
- grade A18 Students
- grade B+18 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responses
- Sports, school plays and music30%
- The Rambo run!22%
- Homecoming spirit week13%
- Pep Band9%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,871 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Platteville High School
- grade C+Benton High School
- Benton School District, WI
- Rating 2.9 out of 5 20 reviews
- grade B+Mineral Point High School
- Mineral Point Unified School District, WI
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 47 reviews
- grade B+Iowa-Grant High School
- Iowa-Grant School District, WI
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 33 reviews
- grade BSouthwestern Wisconsin High School
- Southwestern Wisconsin School District, WI
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 12 reviews
Platteville High School Reviews
Rating 3.8 out of 5 82 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The AP program at Platteville High School is amazing and I've scored well on all of the AP tests I've taken so far. The teachers at Platteville really care about us as students and as people, and I've had a really good experience here. Something I'd like to see changed is to have better communication between the administration and the families about what is going on at different times during the school year.
The teachers are amazing people, but the lessons are overfilled with information. The building is also very well organized and clean.
At Platteville, I was able to advance myself by being in music, sports, and other clubs. I was allowed to prepare myself for collage and many other life experiences. Many of the teachers I had had a great understanding of their subject and really cared about their students. I felt that the education I received from Platteville High School was the best I could have ever received.