Platteview Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Springfield, NE. It has 385 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Platteview Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+52 Students
- A37 Students
- A-14 Students
- B-14 Students
- B-11 Students
- A-11 Students
- C+10 Students
- B+9 Students
- B8 Students
- A7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Platteview Senior High School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Platteview Senior High School
- A-Conestoga Junior/Senior High School
- Conestoga Public Schools, NE
- 41 reviews
- B+Elmwood-Murdock Junior/Senior High School
- Elmwood-Murdock Public Schools, NE
- 15 reviews
- B-Ashland-Greenwood High School
- Ashland-Greenwood Public Schools, NE
- 17 reviews
- C+Plattsmouth High School
- Plattsmouth Community Schools, NE
- 57 reviews
Platteview Senior High School Reviews
Platteview is a very small school. I like that because I became friends with people in all grades. The hard part about the small school is that people have their cliques. If you are an outsider, it is hard to make friends unless you are involved at school. I’ve made a lot of friends through playing the awesome sports they have to offer and getting involved in the fun clubs. My favorite part about Platteview is the academics. I feel like I have been challenged in classes but have had a lot of fun classes too. Platteview offers classes that fit what anyone is looking for.
I love the education system and how they've added more teachers and courses. I admire how the new principal, Mr. Ron Alexander, wants to keep expanding academic studies and athletic performance. My overall experience with PHS ahs been amazing, I love the teachers and their styles of teaching and I've learned very well. We also have a "John Baylor ACT Prep" during our advisory periods, which I thought was a fantastic idea. John Baylor will really prepare us for the ACT. One thing I dislike about PHS, is a minor flaw. Some of the rules regarding dress code or behaviour is simply, ridiculous. They're just annoyances that don't really need to be addressed, just focus on our education.
Great teaching staff! Wonderful experience for kids in a small school. Excellent learning environment with improvements happening each semester. Lots of activities for kids to choose from to stay involved.