Platte Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Kersey, CO. It has 375 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Platte Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-72 Students
- A-44 Students
- B-42 Students
- A-35 Students
- C+22 Students
- B16 Students
- A-16 Students
- B14 Students
- A13 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Platte Valley High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Platte Valley High School
- BHighland High School
- Weld County School District No. RE-9, CO
- 42 reviews
- BEaton High School
- Eaton School District, CO
- 123 reviews
- C+Valley High School
- Weld County Reorganized School District No. RE-1, CO
- 115 reviews
- BGreeley Central High School
- Greeley-Evans School District 6, CO
- 204 reviews
Platte Valley High School Reviews
Platte Valley High School is a small public school in Kersey, Colorado. I had the choice to attend Platte Valley or a bigger school in Greeley. I wanted to be able to be a part of student council, various clubs, and sports while still having time to spend with my friends. What made me decide to go to Platte Valley was the "home town" feel. The teachers and students were very kind and welcoming and I knew that I had found the right school to spend my next four years. I have since enjoyed becoming the vice president of the student council and qualifying for nationals in FBLA. I love being able to know every student in the school and I have grown tremendously as a person and student. The teachers go above and beyond for their students and I would not have wanted to attend a different school.
I have been going to Platte Valley since preschool and I am a junior now. I have honestly enjoyed all my years in Platte Valley. There are quite a few sports programs, clubs like FFA, FBLA, Brain Bowl, and so on, with an overall friendly environment! I am a little bias because I have only known Platte Valley, but it really is a great school.
Great. I found places I could be interested in and scholarships that will help me get there. Now, I've applied for several and have opened my mind up to going to different universities across the country.