grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade unavailable
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Platte Valley High School is a public school located in Kersey, CO. It has 351 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Platte Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus80 Students
- grade A minus56 Students
- grade B52 Students
- grade A minus40 Students
- grade B minus29 Students
- grade A minus19 Students
- grade B minus18 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade A minus17 Students
- grade A14 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,462 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Platte Valley High School
- grade C+Highland High School
- Weld County School District No. RE-9, CO
- Rating 3.4 out of 5 47 reviews
- grade B+Eaton High School
- Eaton School District, CO
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 131 reviews
- grade C+Valley High School
- Weld County Reorganized School District No. RE-1, CO
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 118 reviews
- grade BGreeley Central High School
- Greeley-Evans School District 6, CO
- Rating 3.96 out of 5 217 reviews
Platte Valley High School Reviews
Rating 3.8 out of 5 49 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I grew up in the Platte Valley school district from pre-k up to 12th grade and graduation. I have also loved all of my teachers I have ever had. They always supported me with school and with my personal life. They all cared for every single one of their students and have always wanted them to succeed and I think they accomplish that goal every year. I would recommend this school. It is a tight nit community, but they welcome you with open arms in the school and I really enjoyed it. I had small classes and graduated with a class of 74 students, but I never would have wanted to go to a bigger school.
I have been in the Platte Valley School District my entire life. I started Kindergarten here and it has been a wonderful experience. I have been able to be apart of many clubs and sports. I have been a part of wrestling, volleyball, softball, basketball, cheer, National Honor Society, Knowledge Bowl, and many more clubs. This school has taught me to be a trustworthy and respectful person, Platte Valley has taught me what a good student is. Platte Valley has offered me many college classes, I have been able to take four college classes and because of this I am ahead for college. Overall I have been incredibly lucky to be able to learn and have such a great experience with school.
Platte Valley High School is a small public school in Kersey, Colorado. I had the choice to attend Platte Valley or a bigger school in Greeley. I wanted to be able to be a part of student council, various clubs, and sports while still having time to spend with my friends. What made me decide to go to Platte Valley was the "home town" feel. The teachers and students were very kind and welcoming and I knew that I had found the right school to spend my next four years. I have since enjoyed becoming the vice president of the student council and qualifying for nationals in FBLA. I love being able to know every student in the school and I have grown tremendously as a person and student. The teachers go above and beyond for their students and I would not have wanted to attend a different school.