Plantation High School Reviews

The school itself is fairly clique-y but everyone is friendly, especially if you're new or from a different country. The majority are migrants from the caribbean countries. The teachers do their job, but nothing more. You have to be able to work independently and focused if you want to pass. Some barely ever teach so you'd have to teach yourself and just ask them questions. The safety procedure sem a bit extreme though, since the Parkland shooting they've made it harder for you to leav class and use the bathroom and you need to have visible ID on you at all times or you could be fined $5 for a new one. The food is just enough so that you aren't starving, there are helthy options though.
Plantation high school was a breeze for me I never really worried about my safety had lots of laughs and was learning different things the one thing that I missed was the papa johns pizza line since that was where I usually got my food from.
Plantation High is said to have a bad reputation, but as a student, I beg to differ. The school offers a wide variety of subjects and now offers the Gifted Academy and has been offering the International Bacculaureate Diploma program as well. To expand on why exactly they have a bad reputation, there is said to be a lot of fights and delinquent behavior; but what school doesn’t have delinquent behavior? In my 4 years of going to school there, I have only witnessed one fight which happened to be a ‘cat fight’ with girls. The Academics are great at Plantation High with graduates going to University of Florida, Harvard University, Cornell University, Brown University, Boston University, Duke University, UC Irvine, and more. While the academics and teachers/staff at the school are amazing, the school spirit is basically nonexistent which I feel is rudimentary to a high school experience.
Start Your Review of Plantation High School
You feel like you belong apart of something great and you won't forget the feeling. People are welcoming and they care.
I liked the International Baccalaureate program, as well as the faculty. I don't like the lack of organization and priority in certain extracurricular groups, over others such as the priority of football over organizations such as Chorus. There should be a balance of importance in each athletic and art-related organization, as they all benefit different types of students, and may provide them with resources to be accepted to higher learning institutions and to be able to afford these institutions.
Attending Plantation High was the best 4 years of my life. It has helped me gained the confidence I needed to become a better student, leader, and all around person. I will forever be grateful for the time I've spent here.
After going to plantation high for fours years, the school environment is good when you meet the right people to hang out or talk to with and I mostly did a lot of sports and I would say that our sports team is usually a good environment, since everyone is nice even though were not as good as other teams. The players is what makes the sport fun.
It wasn’t nothing but positive energy. Fun activity, I was always ready and happy to come to school. Great teachers
The teachers at Plantation High are what make the school great. Throughout the year I've had those special teachers who you'll never forget. The ones that teach life-skills and lessons that you will tell your kids. Also the IB, SO, and Honors programs provided are great. We also have great vocational programs such as business, tech, construction, and horticulture. Oh also some of my friends are in the different art programs including band, art, choir, and theatre. The school offeres an endless amount of extra curricular activities that are all different from athletic, to school oriented, to community service. The school is very good at allowing students to lead themselves. Overall some of the students are bad apples but it's still a great school in my opinion.
It seems like a pretty good school, my cousins went there are seem to be doing relatively well for themselves. Both are in college and one was in their IB program.
It was terrible. The guidance counselors especially were the worse. Especially Ms. Knight. She has a serious attitude. The teachers I've had were disrespectful and I don't recommend it to anyone.
I like the diversity of students in the classroom. This has allowed me to be more open-minded and have a greater understanding of different cultures. However, what I do not like, is the lack of professional security and health crew to help a student in need due to an emergency.
There are so many teachers that care and want to see you succeed. Which made it possible for so many students that were struggling to actually graduate and go off to college. Without the staff, security, teachers, and admin to help a lot of us wouldn’t have made it.
What I like about my school is the programs that’s being offered. The career/technical programs that’s being offered gives students the opportunity to receive a certification in whatever program they’re in (ex: finance, aerospace) and to make it easy for them to get a job with their certification. What I feel should change is the learning environment. There’s lots of negativity circling around and unnecessary predicaments that can get in the way of our education.
It was a fairly okay school, with decent staff and students. Faculty and staff tried to make sure that students were kept safe at all times and attempted to increase their yearning for education. However, many students lack the ambition and passion for the aforementioned. As every year goes back, more students lose their interest in school and many blame it on the fact that school is "boring" and the teachers don't seem to want to be a part of it either. Both teachers and students are causing each other to lose interest in what should really matter: getting prepared for college. For myself, my experience has been rather decent here because of my involvement in the IB program. This program has been preparing my peers and I for the upcoming years in college. My involvement in different clubs and activities has helped me to branch out from solely my little IB class, but other students too. If you stuck to the right crowd, your experience should've gone smoothly, such as mine has.
Plantation High School is one of the smaller high schools in Broward County. I think the AeroSpace Engineering Program is top notch and no other high school can compare to this program. I also enjoy the International Baccalaureate Magnet.
One thing that I love about plantation high is the Faculty and Staff. They are, in my opinion, dedicated to the success of our students, and it is refreshing to know that our well-being is in their best interest. One thing I do not like however is the schools lack of attention and structure in regards to clubs and organizations other than the football team, but this may as well be a problem in various high schools. I would still like to see this change. Also, I spent my 4 years avoiding the cafeteria, I just didn't feel comfortable eating the food. In my 4 years of high school, I have had the entire high school experience, despite being a part of the International Baccalaureate program. I can honestly say that there is nothing in particular I'd change about my personal experience.
Start Your Review of Plantation High School
Plantation was an average high school. The teachers were cool and very helpful, well some of them. Adminstration was always there to guide us students. I would honestly recommend this school.
Plantation High School is the only high school I've attended and when given the chance to switch schools I declined. I admit that I came here solely because of its distance from my house. However, ever since, I've been been enjoying my time here very much with my peers and teachers
The school is not really a good sight. The students do not really care about the environment of the school. If a trashcan is knocked down, it would take a day for it to be picked back up. Some sports are cancelled due to barely anyone joining them such as tennis.