Plano High School is an above average, public school located in Plano, IL. It has 678 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Plano High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B65 Students
- C+63 Students
- B-56 Students
- A-48 Students
- A+44 Students
- A-43 Students
- A-40 Students
- B+35 Students
- A+26 Students
- A-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Plano High School
- BPlainfield South High School
- Plainfield School District No. 202, IL
- 542 reviews
- BWest Aurora High School
- Aurora West Unified School District No. 129, IL
- 465 reviews
- C+East High School
- Aurora East Unified School District No. 131, IL
- 194 reviews
- BSandwich Community High School
- Sandwich Community Unit School District No. 430, IL
- 110 reviews
Plano High School Reviews
The communication between administration and staff was really poor. Often, we would have assemblies and the teachers would have no clue about it until the principal had us meeting in the auditorium for it. This meant a lot of lesson plans were messed around with, and the students didn’t have full class periods to learn. The communication between staff and students was also poor, as students would never really know what the protocol for half-days or test days was until that very day. However, a lot of teachers there are very sweet, and I cherish my memories of most of the teachers I’ve met during my four years.
The people at PHS keep going to school interesting and the hall monitors and most teachers make close connections with their students to make class enjoyable. However, there are still teachers that do not know how to teach properly. Although those teachers did not last more than a year, they still robbed many students of a credit by not being terminated sooner.
Plano High School has a very wide range of courses to choose from. They have a wide range of classes for the average student but also have a wide range for students who excel at academics. The staff are very well trained in the course work and are always available to help students out. There are many opportunities for extra-curricular activities, with either sports, service hours in the community, clubs. Overall, its a very well rounded school.