Plano East Senior High School Reviews

1,003 reviews
Students here perform well above average on all state tests, have above average college readiness measures, are making above average year-over-year academic improvement, and take more advanced courses per student than the state average. This school is high performing in all areas and competes as a part of one of the best school districts in the nation.
An amazing high school! The staff were very supportive through my time of need and helped see that I receive all the assistance I needed.
Plano East Senior High School was a great experience with a wonderful set of teachers. I had a great 4 years and got a good education out of it.
Start Your Review of Plano East Senior High School
It was overall good but stressful. I met new people and I did different things I didn’t think I would have done. Sometimes the work given didn’t improve the skills for students. Also they need to improve the academic section in any subject or class. The school needs to focus more about the students opinions on things so they can improve and do better in their classes. Also too much homework is given at times and they need to limit that because the students don’t need to go home and have more hours of school work to have done.
I entered Plano East as a lonely, confused soul. It was all so unknown to me, and I was doubtlessly terrified. I had spent about 6 months in Plano because I enrolled at Plano East, but I still felt like a stranger.
It was only about 2 days into the East Side that all my cowardliness disappeared. The teachers, the students, the principal - they were all so welcoming. I could easily relate to each person at East. It slowly started becoming a place I wanted to get up every morning and head towards.
Today, I call Plano East my home. It is certain I spend more time there than anywhere else, and I am not complaining. For friends that turned into family, for unknown places that became home, and for memories unforgettable- I thank you, Plano East.
Its one of the best schools to get your education, very diverse and involved. The faculty members and academic advisors are very helpful in helping you succeed.
It’s a very good education system and a good community. It’s also a beautiful campus. There are so many extracurricular activities that students can submerge themselves in and many challenging courses. The athletics program is also amazing as well. The fine arts department usually brings a sweepstake every year. It’s a well rounded school run by hardworking staff
Plano East is a decent school, the academics are great but there's too much competition. I've struggled with mental health since childhood and I've had issues in school because of it, and the Plano school district's competitive nature in regards to schoolwork really made me feel lesser than everyone else once my grades started to fall. I'd like to see more effective support for mental health issues at Plano East as well as a safer environment for LGBT and minority students.
I enjoy most of the people. The staff can be a hit or miss but they all teach so that’s a blessing. The principals only know what’s good for us but sometimes the students don’t like that. I feel that are new security measures are redundant, for the fact that any one can still enter the building during passing period.
I would like some of the areas to be changed around the school. The pond life is beautiful but I believe having two is unecessary and not useful.
My experience at PESH was amazing, I made friends and had a lot of fun. I wouldn't change it for the world.
Plano East Senior High school is such a diverse environment! I experienced my best years at that school. The school has so many different programs, and the teachers are top notch. The football team is excellent, the clubs are very well organized, the counselors are there to help, and the cafeteria is not the cliche nasty high school food, its actually pretty good. I am still best friends with the same people I attended Plano East with, and we always talk about East when we get together. One day when I have a family of my own, in the far future I plan to have my kids attend Plano east as well. I will forever be a panther.. PLANO, PLANO... EAST EAST!!!
Going to Plano East will give you an advantage in moving forward to college. Everything from the set up of the campus to the difficulty of courses will help to set expectations of what is to come. In addition, there are a lot of different activities and courses you may get involved in to help further your interests. For example there is a culinary, pharmacy, and mechanic program on campus.
The overall experience was ok, however, the school should strive to have more minority teachers and administrators.
I enjoy the school atmosphere, however it is very crowded. There are a lot of opportunities offered to the students, such as the IB World School, the many AP classes and the Health Sciences Academy. It can be a rigorous academic workload, depending on the types of classes you take, but it's unforgettable.
Plano east is a big campus but only because they offer so many electives and new opportunities for all their students. I loved this school so much because it was very different you were walking into the school to look at people from all over the world and everyone accepted each other . The teachers and staff always made sure that not one student was left out . And honestly I wouldn't mind it at all going back . It was such a wonderful experience to have my high school life here
Plano East Senior High School was definitely one of my best memories from my childhood. The infrastructure is great, the education, the atmosphere is something special. It is an enormous school, so there were always things to get done. The academics are also great, without the quality of the classes I might have not been prepared for University.
Start Your Review of Plano East Senior High School
I basically grew up at Plano East. I like how diversity doesn’t effect much of anything, the students are given so much freedom from not only administration but also from their teachers, I also like how the whole school comes out and supports it’s sports teams. everyone comes together and supports their fellow panthers and cheers them through their ups and downs. I did not like how some teachers who taught the same subject/class worked on different calendars and gave their students different requirements than others, giving one class an advantage over another.
this is overall a pretty good school, there are a wide range of AP classes and pretty good teachers, they do not offer much college guidance
I loved the teachers and the opportunities for extracurricular activities. I was a member of the drill team and enjoyed supporting my school's football team.