Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School is a top rated, public school located in Plainview, NY. It has 1,521 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A142 Students
- A+101 Students
- A-97 Students
- A+87 Students
- A85 Students
- A70 Students
- A67 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+62 Students
- B61 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
- A+South Side High School
- Rockville Centre Union Free School District, NY
- 171 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 198 reviews
- A+Wheatley School
- East Williston Union Free School District, NY
- 91 reviews
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 87 reviews
Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School Reviews
POBJFKHS is an excellent academic school. As a student frequently on the honors and AP track, I feel as though I was never held back by the school and always encouraged to maximize my potential. That said, the guidance department and administration, although full of kind and wonderful people, has its pitfalls. These groups often make decisions that backfire at the expense of students and parents, from poor communication and involvement to an alteration of the schoolwide testing schedule on which students were not consulted. Overall, however, this is an excellent school.
Throughout my four years at POBJFKHS I can attest that the teachers are amazing and scholarly people striving to better the community and provide the best materials for their students. The majority of students here are focused individuals. This can make the student body quite competitive, however this does not seem like a detriment to me. I believe it only enhances the schools atmosphere to include knowable and worldly students who are most defiantly prepared for college.
I believe the teachers at my school are some of the highest quality! Throughout my four years at this high school, I have been able to receive an amazing education to benefit me as I transition to college. The teaching styles are very modern, with incorporation of technology and real-world examples in business classes especially. The staff are very knowledgeable, and hold many remedial sessions and after school opportunities. Teachers in the history department are some of the most passionate teachers I have seen, and communicate with students very well through their effort in engaging interest through teaching techniques.