Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Plainview High School is a highly rated, public school located in Ardmore, OK. It has 392 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Plainview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A109 Students
- B79 Students
- A69 Students
- B-54 Students
- B-38 Students
- B+33 Students
- A29 Students
- C+29 Students
- B26 Students
- C24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Plainview High School Reviews
I enjoyed my overall experience at Plainview High School. I would like to see more college preparation for future students. I would also like to see more real-life preparation in the high school. I do not think the students are prepared well enough to handle real life situations on their own if they had to. I would also like to see more interaction between the students and the administration.
Great teachers and students, they could use more real world things rather than teaching the material strictly to test them rather than for them to know it.
The diversity there was very low. I was 1 out of 5 Indian students that attended plainview high school even though plainview high school has at least 4 or 5 international students attending every year. The staff was nice, if you asked for help they would certainly help you. Although I had some problems with the counselor, because I was a transfer student I had to make sure all my credits were transferred. When ever I would go try to find her in her office when I didn't have class or I had a lunch break she was never there, and none of the office staff knew where she was and just opted to say she was on a lunch break. Even when I would try to look for her at her office after school she would be the first person to leave. It was very hard to see her face to ace, because I couldn't miss any of my classes to see her. She, as a counselor should have been in her office during lunch or after school so that it was continent for students to find her and talk to her about their academics.