Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Plainview-Elgin-Millville High School is a public school located in Plainview, MN. It has 449 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Plainview-Elgin-Millville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-38 Students
- B37 Students
- A28 Students
- B23 Students
- B+17 Students
- A-15 Students
- A12 Students
- B12 Students
- A+12 Students
- B+11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Plainview-Elgin-Millville High School
- BWabasha-Kellogg Secondary School
- Wabasha-Kellogg Public School District, MN
- 42 reviews
- A-St. Charles Secondary School
- St. Charles Public School District, MN
- 40 reviews
- B+Dover-Eyota High School
- Dover-Eyota Public School District, MN
- 22 reviews
- ACentury Senior High School
- Rochester Public School District, MN
- 213 reviews
Plainview-Elgin-Millville High School Reviews
I loved my teachers at PEM they were always there for me when I needed them and always gave me good advice. Another thing I liked was the class size, my class is just over one hundred students. This made it supper easy to know everyone and have multiple friends! Their isn’t anything I would change about my high school!
I’m on my fourth year at Plainview-Elgin-Millville high school and I have had a great experience. The teachers and staff are outstanding and very helpful before and after school and they try their best to help every student to be the best they can possibly. I like going here because of the environment, all students are very nice and I feel no judgement while walking through the halls.
My overall experience at Plainview-Elgin-Millville High School was very good. There is not many things I would want to change about the school. One of my favorite things about PEM was the size. I loved being able to get to know each one of my teachers and peers. The involvement of the teachers was huge. They would go above and beyond to make sure we had what we needed to succeed. PEM was more than just academics, I was given a well rounded education that allowed me to succeed greatly. I also enjoyed how involved our school was with the community. Being a part of Minnesota Honor Society showed me how much our school appreciates the surrounding communities. Student Council was one of my favorite activities that I participated in. I loved the group of people and the work that we did together. Student Council allowed me to be a part of many events and activities. Between the groups and activities I participated in, I stayed busy and very much enjoyed my 4 years of highschool at PEM.