Plainfield South High School Reviews

Overall, it's a good school. It's big enough to handle a lot of students from different walks of life but small enough that mostly everyone knows each other.
I had an okay time at Plainfield south. I loved the track team and the sports that were available. I also enjoyed the art classes, because I was able to express myself. But I feel the school made a poor decision when it came to changing the math curriculum. It only benefited the lower-classmen and incoming freshmen. This was a poor decision do to the fact that the upper-classmen had already become accustomed to the older method of teaching of Math.
This highschool is a very involved school. Every student is ready to better themselves and learn. Everyone comes from different backgrounds and hold different beliefs and each and every one is respected. This school has great spirit and heart. I am very proud to have graduated from this school. I was quite involved in many different clubs and activities. Being around my peers has made me Into a better person.
Start Your Review of Plainfield South High School
Plainfield South High School was a good school! Teachers, students, and learning environment were good! My four years at the school went smoothly and I graduated feeling ready for college.
I did like how the school did have a sense of community by hosting many different events for students to attend. However, I would say that I would have liked if they provided more hands-on academics. I felt like some teachers did not appropriately indulge in their students work ethics to help them move forward. Otherwise, it's a great school.
High School was a roller coaster experience for me. I transferred to Plainfield South from Joliet West. The atmosphere is different, being a mostly Caucasian school. Compared to Joliet West, which had mostly African American and Mexican students. I found my group to stay close to early on in my first year. I kept touch with these people throughout my four years. I lost most of my connections in the end as I developed self-destructive behavior at the end of high school. I couldn't wait for school to be over. It felt like torture being there for my last month. Overall it was an okay experience, would not recommend.
I felt that my high school experience at Plainfield south high school was very average. While I was provided with some challenging courses, I felt that other subjects were lacking in material. The school was also lacking in better counselor guidance for college readiness, such as guiding us in deciding what is the next best step after high school, applying for colleges and scholarships, and entering the work-force. I also felt they should promote more clubs and inclusivity.
What I liked most about Plainfield South is the friends that I met and the teachers who helped me!! Cougars are the best!
Plainfield south will always be a piece of me, in fact I consider the staff and all of my fellow classmates to be family. I know I will always have a home there because of how warming and welcoming the environment was.
Some of the teachers don’t really care or don’t really know what they’re talking about but the athletics are very good and clubs are very inclusive.
I liked the faculty of the AP and honors classes but for some regular classes, especially for underclassmen, the teachers seemed not to care. The athletic programs were well run by passionate coaches. The counselors were very helpful and made an effort to personal know each of there students. The school isn't always fair in how lenient they are towards certain students and not for others. The student body as a whole is divided.
I liked my teachers that I had and going to the football games as well as prom and homecoming dances. I wish the school wasn’t so strict on the dress code because we basically couldn’t wear anything summer clothes when it was hot.
For my 3 years so far at Plainfield South High School, I have had a very strong feeling of being cared about. Almost all my teachers have been very kind and caring. They are willing to stay after school to help anyone who needs an extra push to get their grades to where they want them to be. Yet, I always felt like the clubs were lacking. I joined student council expecting to help make a difference in how school events would work, or maybe even run for a class officer. But I was very disappointed every Monday because it felt like we had no money to do any of that.
Some of the teachers I met in my four years at PSHS made my experience so much better. I met amazing friends who soon became like family.
The school is diverse and each teacher has a different way to teach which makes it easy for students to learn and comprehend. The environment is fun, safe, and the teachers are very involved with the lives of their students.
Plainfield south provides staff that want the best for their students. Many teachers seem to love what they do and will provide their time to help students like me. The school also gives many opportunities in regards to events to be involved .
Plainfield South has been a great experience for me as a senior. I was a part of the wrestling and football team and they really teach you to be a family. The teachers and administration were willing to help with any problem that came up.
Start Your Review of Plainfield South High School
My experience at Plainfield South was overall quite successful. Other than a few peer-related issues, my academic achievements were never hindered and I was able to learn quickly and efficiently.
I really enjoyed my years at Plainfield South. The staff is really great, and overall, it’s pretty safe. I am going to miss high school, and the teachers there. Most of them are very approachable and understanding, they also take the time time to help you. And the staff their helped me prepare for college a lot, they have a lot of ways to push towards college and alot of help with applying for college.
I would like PSHS to challenge students who aren't in AP classes. Sometimes, students who are not in honors classes are not challenged as much, thus leading them not to be as prepared for college. I also would like for Plainfield South to offer more resources in helping prepare for college and life after high school. South however has a great group of teachers and administrators and has great athletics.