Plainfield South High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+129 Students
- C+128 Students
- A+125 Students
- A116 Students
- B91 Students
- A-89 Students
- B87 Students
- A-85 Students
- B68 Students
- B-61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 136 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.54 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.78 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.87 responses
Plainfield South High School Reviews
Review Plainfield South High School
There is an enormous amount of extracurricular activities at this school. There is any sport you could imagine, from football to tennis. There is year book clubs, theater, music, art classes, even pottery. You can take journalism, or be on the student council. Every club has a lot of students participating in them. Every teacher offered after class help if you needed it in a certain class. You could stay very busy attending this school!
My experience at PSHS was great and it really prepared me for the future ahead. There are some excellent teachers there and if you are lucky you will build and educational bond with them that will help you succeed the next 4 years of your life. I also enjoyed participating in all the extracurricular activities the school had to offer like french club, drama club, fall play, spring musical, etc. The AP programs offered not only helped me get ahead in college but they made the transition from high school to college much easier and more realistic.
My experience at PSHS thus far has been quite interesting. I am involved in the volleyball program, as well as take many rigorous AP and honors level classes. There is a lot of diversity at Plainfield South, which is something everyone should be accustomed to, as it is the reality of our society. Something I would like to see change is a lack of discipline. In my advanced classes, things go very smoothly, as my fellow classmates are self-motivated and driven. I have taken few "regular" classes at Plainfield South, and these classes are very hard to sit through as many of the teachers let students do whatever they please- and the students could not care less about their education, which creates a hazardous mix. Overall, you get out of Plainfield South what you put in, and I have put in lots of hard work.