Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Plainfield High School is a highly rated, public school located in Plainfield, IN. It has 1,704 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Plainfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B446 Students
- grade A359 Students
- grade A+319 Students
- grade B254 Students
- grade C+186 Students
- grade A minus184 Students
- grade B184 Students
- grade B110 Students
- grade B92 Students
- grade B minus73 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 41 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 116 responses
- Dirt day22%
- When we do things like a fundraising dances.15%
- Jr. Mister-male talent show8%
- Pep rallies4%
- Pride Week4%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
No data available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,447 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 60 responses
Schools like Plainfield High School
- grade AAvon High School
- Avon Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 730 reviews
- grade ABrownsburg High School
- Brownsburg Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.87 out of 5 638 reviews
- grade ACenter Grove High School
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 478 reviews
- grade BGreenwood Community High School
- Greenwood Community School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 197 reviews
Plainfield High School Reviews
Rating 4.04 out of 5 350 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I have went to Plainfield High School my whole school career except one semester of school. During my time here I have enjoyed all the opportunity's that come with going to a school of the caliber that Plainfield is. While going to school here I have been able to take advantage of dual credit, ap, and other honors classes to further my academic career which has put me in good standing for college. The only the thing I would want to improve would be the connection and involvement of the staff with students academics and activities. Going to a school of Plainfield's size you loose the community feeling but when you combine the size along with the tight-nit feeling of community between the staff and students, then everyone flourishes and feels involved. Overall Plainfield his given me great advantage in the college process and allowing me to get an advantage in my college academics.
Compassionate teachers and staff. Excellent AP options as well as offerings for students who may be trade school minded and/or traditional college minded. For being a relatively large high school the administrative staff does a great job of keeping a welcoming feel for students and parents. Staff is easily accessible through e-mail, and, communication has never been lacking. My child enjoys the many club options as well as the multiple groups he’s able to join, which fosters a sense of belonging. Of course there’s always going to be the incidents of bullying or a student who brings something in that isn’t allowed, but, from my experience those issues are dealt with swiftly and fairly. As a parent, Plainfield High School is everything I could ask for when it comes to both educating my children and encouraging students to find their voice and explore themselves as young adults preparing for life after high school.
Some things that I definitely love about Plainfeild High School is how many different options that they offer! There are so many different course options that you are able to take, some that even most schools don't offer. They also have a very successful band that won Class B Marching Band and their drumline won WGI World Finals all last year. They have amazing equipment and staff that are always willing to help you! They even have three different show choir groups that are also amazing! They have a huge list of clubs of all kinds to join, too. They even have other foreign language options to take like German, French, and Spanish. The staff and kids are very kind and welcoming! I highly recommend anyone to Plainfield High School!