Plainfield High School is a highly rated, public school located in Plainfield, IN. It has 1,613 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Plainfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A225 Students
- A+189 Students
- B+176 Students
- B-120 Students
- B116 Students
- A-115 Students
- B78 Students
- B+62 Students
- A-47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 91 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Plainfield High School
- AAvon High School
- Avon Community School Corporation, IN
- 603 reviews
- ABrownsburg High School
- Brownsburg Community School Corporation, IN
- 555 reviews
- A-Center Grove High School
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, IN
- 402 reviews
- B-Greenwood Community High School
- Greenwood Community School Corporation, IN
- 182 reviews
Plainfield High School Reviews
Some things that I definitely love about Plainfeild High School is how many different options that they offer! There are so many different course options that you are able to take, some that even most schools don't offer. They also have a very successful band that won Class B Marching Band and their drumline won WGI World Finals all last year. They have amazing equipment and staff that are always willing to help you! They even have three different show choir groups that are also amazing! They have a huge list of clubs of all kinds to join, too. They even have other foreign language options to take like German, French, and Spanish. The staff and kids are very kind and welcoming! I highly recommend anyone to Plainfield High School!
Plainfield High School is a great learning environment. The teachers are involved in the students lives and care about their success. The school offers many different clubs, games, sports, and other extra curricular activities! I would describe Plainfield High School as safe, encouraging, and a home to many devoted students.
Plainfield Community School Corporation is overall a great school system! Plainfield High School provides its students with great opportunities outside of school. The teachers are amazing and do everything in their abilities to provide their students with the best education possible. The sports at PHS are amazing and have great support through the community. The school does a great job preparing students for college starting as a Freshman and throughout high school until Senior year. The parents of students at PHS do a great job of getting involved in any way that they can. The parents of band/sports students do a great job at being at events and helping out anyway they can!