Plainfield High School is a highly rated, public school located in Plainfield, IN. It has 1,613 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Plainfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A216 Students
- A+178 Students
- B+166 Students
- B-115 Students
- A-110 Students
- B106 Students
- B70 Students
- B+58 Students
- A-46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like Plainfield High School
- AAvon High School
- Avon Community School Corporation, IN
- 600 reviews
- ABrownsburg High School
- Brownsburg Community School Corporation, IN
- 547 reviews
- A-Center Grove High School
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, IN
- 398 reviews
- B-Greenwood Community High School
- Greenwood Community School Corporation, IN
- 181 reviews
Plainfield High School Reviews
Plainfield High School is a great learning environment. The teachers are involved in the students lives and care about their success. The school offers many different clubs, games, sports, and other extra curricular activities! I would describe Plainfield High School as safe, encouraging, and a home to many devoted students.
Plainfield Community School Corporation is overall a great school system! Plainfield High School provides its students with great opportunities outside of school. The teachers are amazing and do everything in their abilities to provide their students with the best education possible. The sports at PHS are amazing and have great support through the community. The school does a great job preparing students for college starting as a Freshman and throughout high school until Senior year. The parents of students at PHS do a great job of getting involved in any way that they can. The parents of band/sports students do a great job at being at events and helping out anyway they can!
My favorite thing about Plainfield High School is the community. Although there are countless students and an abundance of teachers, I have enjoyed getting to know each that I can. From sports teams to clubs to service opportunities and other after school activities, my high school has always encouraged building relationships both inside and outside of the school walls. To build off this, I have appreciated all the ways to get involved within the school and the Plainfield community. Within the last four years, I have joined a variety of clubs along with the tennis team which have together taught me so many life skills and habits while also allowing me to develop new friendships. Plainfield High School's logo is "bringing joy to learning" and I wholeheartedly believe they do so in amazing ways.