Plainfield High School is a public school located in Central Village, CT. It has 695 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A101 Students
- B78 Students
- C41 Students
- B34 Students
- C34 Students
- B34 Students
- A+27 Students
- C+24 Students
- B-24 Students
- B+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Plainfield High School
- B-Griswold High School
- Griswold School District, CT
- 112 reviews
- B-Killingly High School
- Killingly School District, CT
- 221 reviews
- C+Windham High School
- Windham School District, CT
- 100 reviews
- C+Tourtellotte Memorial High School
- Thompson School District, CT
- 33 reviews
Plainfield High School Reviews
The four years that I have spent at Plainfield High School have been well. The atmosphere is pretty great, meaning people can talk to anyone. Students are friendly towards each other and have the ability to speak their minds. I am lucky to have a great group of friends around me. We all help each other through the classes we take and just supporting one and another. The faculty at Plainfield is great. The AP teachers are tremendous. The more advanced you get in high school, the better academic teachers are received. For me, I got to take all the classes I wanted when entering high school. I honestly feel like I am learning something from my classes. For the past two years, I have been with the same group of kids for my AP classes, to the extent where we have all became comfortable with each other. Due to this, and the amazing teachers of these classes, I really do want to learn.
I attended Plainfield High School before the new high school was built. The school that I attended was mostly demolished except for the original historic portion, which still stands seperate from the new facility. Overall the administration and staff are very supporting. The curriculum is well suited for college prep and the school has good resources.
I love the variety of teachers that our administration has provided for the students. Each teacher takes on his or her own different style of teaching, which allows us students to challenge ourselves to adapt to different environments. I also love the fact that we are a newer school. Our a school was built in 2005, therefore I would consider my school to be up to date with recent technology and teaching techniques. Overall, my school has a fantastic environment. Everyone from the students, janitors, and to the guidance counselors bring a welcoming presence to my school.