grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Plainedge Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Massapequa, NY. It has 939 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Plainedge Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus103 Students
- grade B+98 Students
- grade A minus90 Students
- grade B84 Students
- grade B73 Students
- grade B71 Students
- grade A+65 Students
- grade B65 Students
- grade B minus55 Students
- grade A+54 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responses
- Sporting events25%
- Sports Day16%
- Chorus Concerts9%
- The school musical which has been more popular9%
- Spirit Week6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$28,559 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 18 responses
Schools like Plainedge Senior High School
- grade A minusWest Islip Senior High School
- West Islip Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 272 reviews
- grade A minusSeaford Senior High School
- Seaford Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 78 reviews
- grade AWantagh Senior High School
- Wantagh Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 110 reviews
- grade A minusBabylon Junior/Senior High School
- Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 76 reviews
Plainedge Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.7 out of 5 132 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
This school has a lot of opportunities for the students to meet new people and strengthen their bonds with close friends. There will always be a club, sport or group to join that will make you feel welcome. You will always have the option to try something new without even having to worry about being made fun of. Everyone helps one another to be the best they can be. Plainedge is a place that you will love if you want to make the most of your time at high school. This is a school that you will feel at home in during your first week. If you make the most of your time, I promise you will have a memorable and exciting high school experience!
Plainedge was an interesting place to say the least. It’s this odd blend of minor pieces of several other districts, which makes for small district. Personally I don’t like small school, but to those who’d like to recognize each face in the hall this is a school like that. Starting off with the good, to any who seriously want to focus and apply themselves to a endémica, this school provides an abundance of advanced classes with competent teachers to guide you along the way, however the basic classes are brushed over and the teachers at those levels don’t reach the level of commitment as the advance classes do. There is no in between either, so it’s either you excel or you don’t.
I have attended Plainedge High School for almost four years now. I believe it is fairly average as a whole. While most of the teachers are clearly passionate about their jobs and their students, there is a large scale of "cliques" and immaturity through the student body, and the school as a whole does not have a very accepting nature. The Arts programs at Plainedge are exquisite, although most of the focus goes to sports and other physical activities. If I were to change one thing, I'd want to change this: Put more emphasis on the incredible arts programs that are already being offered.