Plainedge Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Massapequa, NY. It has 1,002 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Plainedge Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-59 Students
- B+58 Students
- B57 Students
- A55 Students
- B+49 Students
- A+45 Students
- B+44 Students
- B43 Students
- C+38 Students
- A+32 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesA-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Plainedge Senior High School
- A-West Islip Senior High School
- West Islip Union Free School District, NY
- 219 reviews
- BSeaford Senior High School
- Seaford Union Free School District, NY
- 68 reviews
- AWantagh Senior High School
- Wantagh Union Free School District, NY
- 97 reviews
- B+Babylon Junior/Senior High School
- Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- 66 reviews
Plainedge Senior High School Reviews
Plainedge is very sport-centered. This means that people with academic or artistic inclinations do not get the sufficient attention needed to prepare them for their future. The research program cannot compete at a local level, clubs are not active (just used as a resume booster), the arts department is on a tight budget and always scrambling for supplies, teachers aren't comfortable with their material, and our sports teams aren't even successful. While Plainedge is a tight-knit community, overall, it is a community that does not value the arts or academics, and it lacks in diversity.
It's a semi small school which keeps class sizes small and ensures everyone knows each other. Sports are very good but the school seems to prioritize them over academics at points. Offers honors and AP courses but only 1-2 AP classes are offered per course which means you might not even be able to take them if they don't fit perfectly into your schedule. Guidance doesn't help at all and is never around. Most of the teachers are amazing though and will help you out. Also the music programs are excellent! Orchestra gets gold or gold with distinction every year at NYSSMA.
I'm currently a senior and I love my school. Though it lacks diversity and the building is a little old, I have had my best memories in this school. The music program is excellent, and there are many opportunities for students to participate in clubs, societies and a variety of classes. I've personally enjoyed the international trips, drama club, orchestra and many of the school's AP classes. The teachers are generally funny, kind and knowledgeable about their subject of choice. I have enjoyed my time here and will look back on high school fondly because of Plainedge.