Pittston Area Senior High School is a public school located in Pittston, PA. It has 988 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 71% in reading.
Pittston Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+101 Students
- A+98 Students
- A82 Students
- B81 Students
- B73 Students
- A-63 Students
- C49 Students
- B45 Students
- B-42 Students
- A40 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Pittston Area Senior High School
- B-Lake-Lehman Junior/Senior High School
- Lake-Lehman School District, PA
- 142 reviews
- B-Riverside Junior/Senior High School
- Riverside School District, PA
- 40 reviews
- B-Crestwood High School
- Crestwood School District, PA
- 212 reviews
- B-Wyoming Area Secondary Center
- Wyoming Area School District, PA
- 85 reviews
Pittston Area Senior High School Reviews
I really liked some of my teachers and felt that I was really learning and understanding the material through their teachings. What is would like to see change is the school to offer more opportunities to students in preparation for college such as better curriculum for certain courses, opportunities to visit colleges, and resources to meet with people from their intended career field.
For the most part, my main classes are well organized and taught. Outside of that, there are a few glaring problems with how information is spread. I often receive reminders for events or clubs that I do not participate in, or for classes I am not in/have already take (i.e. Bio and Algebra Keystones when I took them over the previous two years). On top of that, I rarely receive reminders for far more important things, such as when registration for important organizations like the NHS are due by.
Pittston Area is lacking in diversity, cleanliness, and empathy. However, the teacher genuinely care about their students and try their hardest. The students are actually quite respectful to each other, but drugs are definitely a problem.