Pittsford Sutherland High School is a top rated, public school located in Pittsford, NY. It has 929 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Pittsford Sutherland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+78 Students
- A67 Students
- A+66 Students
- A-58 Students
- A58 Students
- A-57 Students
- A-51 Students
- B51 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+45 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Pittsford Sutherland High School
- A+Pittsford-Mendon High School
- Pittsford Central School District, NY
- 156 reviews
- A+Brighton High School
- Brighton Central School District, NY
- 245 reviews
- AHoneoye Falls-Lima Senior High School
- Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District, NY
- 129 reviews
- A+Penfield Senior High School
- Penfield Central School District, NY
- 257 reviews
Pittsford Sutherland High School Reviews
Pittsford Sutherland is known for its high success level and for the high percentage of students that go on to receive a higher level of education. Furthermore, it offers a variety of elective classes and programs that allow students to explore their interests in an in depth setting with others that share the same passion as them. While this school does an excellent job of preparing its students for college, it often fails to teach them and emphasize the importance of simple things, such as empathy and the ability to recognize how fortunate they are.
A nice small nit community with teachers who are highly involved. Teachers are amazing here and are very interested in our well being. Students can feel safe and comfortable at Sutherland. There is a wide variety of electives to choose from and no one is denied the opportunity to find their path. The sports teams are decent and being on one is very fun, and teaches hard work and dedication. Students are held to high standards which makes the transition to college, and getting accepted into colleges a lot easier.
My experience with pittsford sutherland has been rocky. As a school with lots of expectations, pressure is high to get good grades, take hard classes, and be in all clubs and honor societies possible. For kids like me who have anxiety, this is not a good match. I am someone who pushed themselves academically on my own, and the stress of the school makes my will to do that low.