Pittsford Sutherland High School is a top rated, public school located in Pittsford, NY. It has 931 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Pittsford Sutherland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+62 Students
- A56 Students
- A+55 Students
- A49 Students
- B+48 Students
- A48 Students
- A44 Students
- A-43 Students
- A+40 Students
- B+34 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Pittsford Sutherland High School
- A+Pittsford-Mendon High School
- Pittsford Central School District, NY
- 148 reviews
- A+Brighton High School
- Brighton Central School District, NY
- 231 reviews
- A+Honeoye Falls-Lima Senior High School
- Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District, NY
- 124 reviews
- A+Penfield Senior High School
- Penfield Central School District, NY
- 243 reviews
Pittsford Sutherland High School Reviews
As a senior at Pittsford Sutherland High School, I am very grateful that I have been able to have such a positive and impactful experience. The staff at Pittsford Sutherland High School have contributed to my experience in so many different ways that have helped me achieve the kind of academic success that I have accomplished today. One way the staff here is so great is because it is very obvious that the teachers are happy to be at school and genuinely want the best for all of us students. The amount of effort that my current and past teachers have put into my education and academic achievements is something that I will always be grateful for.
The staff at Pittsford Sutherland is generally outstanding. Teachers encourage growth and care about their students. There is an extremely wide range of courses available to students, and this allows them to explore many different subject matters and prepare for college and real life. I wish the school was more diverse and unified, but overall it is a great place to learn and grow.
I think the school prepared me well for college in terms of academic rigor, but students do not feel pressured to take classes which they may not feel ready for. There is a variety of classes and difficulty levels to suit students desiring advanced study as well as classes for students who may not wish to study a specific subject too rigorously. However, in every class the teachers placed a firm emphasis on honest and meaningful learning/studying of the subject being taught, and the overall behavior and attitude of students in the school reflects this. Students at this high school are typically active in the community in some way, and bring their passions to their peers in the forms of new student clubs, student events, and involvement in the art, music, and other departments of the school.