Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Pittsford-Mendon High School is a top rated, public school located in Pittsford, NY. It has 1,036 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Pittsford-Mendon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+112 Students
- A85 Students
- A+82 Students
- A-74 Students
- A-67 Students
- A-58 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+58 Students
- B56 Students
- A+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Pittsford-Mendon High School
- A+Pittsford Sutherland High School
- Pittsford Central School District, NY
- 227 reviews
- A+Brighton High School
- Brighton Central School District, NY
- 263 reviews
- A+Penfield Senior High School
- Penfield Central School District, NY
- 263 reviews
- AHoneoye Falls-Lima Senior High School
- Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District, NY
- 137 reviews
Pittsford-Mendon High School Reviews
Pittsford Mendon High School is a unique educational and social institution. What makes Mendon awesome is that we are Viking STRONG. Our motto represents our values. The “S” stands for spirited. Whether it be sporting events, pep rallies or spirit days, we take pride seriously. Everyone does their best to get involved! The “T” means together. We work together to be accepting. We also collaborate on school and extracurricular activities. “R” means respect. We believe that everyone deserves respect because we are all humans. “O” means original. Everyone is encouraged to come up with ideas and try new approaches, but most importantly be themselves! Along with that the “N” stands for nurturing. We nurture classmates and support each other to ensure positive learning experiences. Lastly, “G” means genuine. At Mendon we put our hearts into everything. We persevere to have a genuine attitude. Mendon students are STRONG, and I believe it is a wonderful school.
Great Teachers, super helpful and nice! The school is a small but tight community. Majority of students are overachievers and although it is competitive, students tend to help each other out frequently.
I’d say overall it’s a great school in terms of academics, however, there are some grievances which I and many others feel need to be addressed. Mendon needs to have a more stable and efficient teacher-hiring program, because the amount of times teachers have needed a substitute and there’s next to no one to fill in, is too many times to count, putting unnecessary stress on the teachers AND the students. In addition, another main problem many feel should be addressed is how there isn’t a non-binary bathroom in the school, which hurts the students of the LGBTQ community incredibly, having to go into the bathroom of the sex they were given at birth, instead of who they truly are. Mentally, this can be debilitating due to the already prejudice society we live in, so introducing a gender-neutral bathroom would allow the many students who need it to feel like they’re actually cared about, and not that they’re worth less than a regular person.