Pittsfield High School is an above average, public school located in Pittsfield, MA. It has 861 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Pittsfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A108 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+49 Students
- C43 Students
- C+43 Students
- A+39 Students
- C39 Students
- B37 Students
- A-36 Students
- B-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Pittsfield High School
- BTaconic High School
- Pittsfield Public Schools, MA
- 96 reviews
- B+Wahconah Regional High School
- Central Berkshire Public Schools, MA
- 80 reviews
- C+Drury High School
- North Adams Public Schools, MA
- 42 reviews
- BLee Middle/High School
- Lee Public Schools, MA
- 24 reviews
Pittsfield High School Reviews
I had a terrific experience at PHS! Every teacher I had was personable, caring, and eager to do all they could to help me further my education! The wide selection of classes and AP classes helped me prepare for college as well as cultivate my interests. I also had very memorable experiences on the varsity and junior varsity softball team as well as a great time participating for the many clubs the school has to offer.
I love all of the teachers I’ve had in my 4 years there. There are lots of clubs for people to join, and events like Mr. PHS (basically a male beauty pageant) and the school plays are fun to watch or be a part of. Occasionally, there are fights, and the bathrooms are monitored and only one is open all day. You have to sign in and leave all your stuff outside the door, all because a group of students enjoy vaping in the bathroom.
To be frank about the school, many of the teachers do not actually teach the material that they were hired to do so. There are a few gems in the school though, that will be some of the best teachers you will ever have. Many of the students here do not care about doing their work, and this has created an atmosphere of carelessness and fooling around. Overall if you are to just do the work that you are assigned and hold up the expectations placed on you, you should receive a good enough education to move on to a very nice college or university.