Pittsburgh Science & Technology Academy Reviews

I love my school's effort to try to make every kid feel comfortable. I feel as if I am getting the best education in the city and I have been able to make some great connections. However I feel my school focuses on the wrong things sometimes. There is a huge focus on dress code and less of a concern on sports or better food. All in all I love and appreciate my school.
I thought that most of the classes were pretty well taught and challenging enough to keep me interested. I liked the ability to take advanced classes.
I liked the school because of the standards they held for students. This was upheld because of the dedication and care from the teachers.
Start Your Review of Pittsburgh Science & Technology Academy
Everything is awesome in Science & Technology academy. The teachers to students ratio is very low, so students can get the help they need. They don’t have their own sports team, but they do play along with Obama. Every student is given their own laptop, so students can learn more using technology and connect with teachers easier. The only improvement they need is space, but that’s a monetary issue. They don’t have the money to expand plus, it’s in the middle of a city. But all in all, it’s a really good school and if you’re in the area, this is the school you should go to.
Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.Its epic.
Attending sci tech for 7 years has been overall a good and fun experience. I would like to see a couple of changes.I would like to see the dress code adjust for the warmer seasons like spring because shorts would really help. Also some of the faculty are very sensitive and take constructive criticism very personal.
SciTech is located in Oakland which allows students to connect through college life with field trips and attending lectures. Multiple college courses through Pitt are offered in the school to push intelligence and prepare students for college. The structure of most courses also goes against most high schools as the classes are usually semester instead of year long as they would be in college. Students can join two different activities for a quarter and sometimes even more depending on the teacher overseeing students. Many activities are student lead and offer opportunities to get involved in the community and outside of the school to promote social changes and expand learning.
For high school sports you have to go to Obama and currently they are trying to change that rule so you have to go to your home school to compete in sports. The school had something special to it when I started, but as the years go by it becomes more mainstream making it less of the unique school that I used to love.
The school is amazing. I’m glad I went here and not anywhere else. The teachers and the school helped me choose the career type I wanted.
At Scitech, students have to opportunity to truly explore any interests they have within a particular field of science. The 4 concentrations are what truly make this experience, those being Body & Behavior, Form & Function, Computers & Connections, and Energy & Environment. While I have only had experience with Body & Behavior, I've heard really good things from friends in other concentrations too. The teachers at Scitech are extremely caring too, and they really go out of their way to help you.
it's ok,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I really enjoyed my time here recently, although I think the school could certainly be improved. Most of the teachers are good, but some aren't. I spend a good portion of the time worrying about college, and I hope I've been prepared for it. I must say, compared to what I've heard about other local schools, SciTech is doing a great job.
When I walked into the school on my first day of 7th grade, I felt like I could not fit in anywhere. But after so many years of rigorous preparation, I feel that this school made the difference between ending up as a minnow in a shark tank and going on to be a leader and pursue a career in environmental engineering.
My first year at Pittsburgh Science & Technology Academy was in 2012. I was in 6th grade. I have seen many changes occur in SciTech since I first walked through the door in 2012. The changes have only been beneficial to the students and teachers. SciTech has really expanded my knowledge and telling people that I attend SciTech is really proud to say. Mostly because of the academic achievements that we have accomplished. If you want to put a great high school on your college application, then go to SciTech.
SciTech is relatively new school and as such, it is not afraid to try more modern approach to education. Students are sorted into one of the four STEM concentrations at the end of the 9th year, which influences the types of classes the students will take until graduation. Aside from being a primarily STEM oriented school, with no official sport teams, there is a fair selection of art courses and student led clubs. All of the school work is done on school issued laptops, that high school students are able to take home. School is located in Oakland among Pitt University’s buildings. Unfortunately, no student parking.
I’ve been going to this school since 6th grade , and am currently going to be a senior this upcoming year , it is coool to see everyone grow up with you because of the way the classes are set up , most of my class have been together for 6 years and we’ve been getting closer throughout the years . It’s great
This has been a fantastic school to grow up in- the teachers genuinely care about the betterment of the students, the faculty understand how to adapt to constantly-changing situations, the students are there because they really want to learn- add all of this up, and it becomes a great culture of learning and respect. Unfortunately, there is a lack of diversity regarding the male to female ratio, which ranges from 2:1 to 3:2 depending on the year, and it seems that racially diverse students have been systematically less inclined to apply, but these problems have been slowly rectified over the years, and I hold hope that it will soon be as demographically diverse as the rest of the district.
Start Your Review of Pittsburgh Science & Technology Academy
Overall, Pittsburgh Science and Technology Academy is an above average public school. It has strong teachers that connect with their students and numerous AP classes that can help get students ahead for college.
Opportunities/internships, connections and resources for future career advancement are available for high achieving students in the field of biology.
SciTech was a very good school that challenges its students and pushes them to work hard. The implementation of concentrations was a nice thing to do, but I think that they should give better previews of what that concentration will be like, or let the students rotate around between each.