Pittsburg Senior High School Reviews

I would like there to be a smaller number of students in each class. With a smaller amount of students a teacher can better get to know their students and help more one on one.
I've had both good and bad teachers. Based on this information, you can really tell who cares for the students and want them to achieve and those who are just there to earn money.
My experience in Pittsburg High School is very good because the workers and the teacher are humble in my opinion the school is fine because I like the education and also the workers have patience. The people are respectful. My experience is wonderfull in Pittsburg High School because I have teachers that helped me and support me to got head in my study and for me that is nice because I put all my effort to continue with my study and focus in each subject and have good grades.
Start Your Review of Pittsburg Senior High School
Overall I enjoyed my high school experience. I was involved with sports and like most of my teachers. My counselor was very helpful and my teachers have guided me with college applications.
My favorite thing about my high school is the diversity, unity, and school spirit. One thing I dislike is the lack of discussion in the classrooms that occured (or did not) after the recent school shooting threats.
In Pittsburg High School, I am very happy about the student diversity. Although the school is amazing, they need to make it feeling more safe, especially for those students who do not feel safe
It is a very diverse school, and with a whole new set of pathways and new classes from computer programing, to creative writing, to aerospace engineering.
My experience at Pittsbug High school has been amazing. There is always something happening. Clubs for everyone and something to do. I would like to see the campus grow. I say this because there is an over population of students in every class.
I like how culturally diverse and accepting our school is, which has appears to progress in this direction every year. However, the school class sizes are very large and are expected to grow even more (which is awful given that some classes don't even have enough chairs for students). As a result, many teachers are now protesting, where they choose not to work before 7:45 AM and after 3:30 PM. Now students are not able to receive extra help before and after school and aren't likely to receive help during class due to the teachers needing to focus on such large classes.
What I loved about Pittsburg High is the diversity and how tight-knit students are with one another. After transferring to Pittsburg High, it gave me a whole new perspective on diversity considering the school I was at before, my peers were just like me. It was great meeting and relating to new people.
I like the involvement that a student can have with their academics, activities, and sports. There isn't much I would want to see change. The size of the school is growing and along with it, the more diverse, it's getting with more options in types of classes.
My experience at Pittsburg High School was a very challenging and fulfilling experience. The classes that I took challenged me and pushed me to uncover my full potential and I learned numerous things that helped shape me not just academically, but character-wise as well. This school prepares its students for the real-world and for college and beyond! One thing I wish the school improved on was more availability of technology to students.
I loved Pittsburg High School! Our campus was huge and so big that we had to add on across the street for more classrooms!Our principle, Mr. Whitmire, was an excellent principle I hate to say only because it’s weird to like your principle, right? But he was very involved with the students and made the school fun. For example every Friday we would have music playing in the quad and games to play. On every national month, like black history or Spanish history, the clubs that are involved were allowed to have a whole assembly about their heritage and a whole month to go out in the quad and show the students what’s it about. Our football team is adored and every football game is so fired up that the stadium, which is brand new, gets filled up immediately!That is one of the main things I will miss about Pitt. Also the counselors are very understanding and helpful. I will always miss how pitt challenged me and pushed me to do good
I like the energy and diversity there is because there is a place for anyone and everyone. One major aspect I would like to change is good quality because it has occurred that some people don’t feel well due to the food
Teachers and staff really push you! Everyone is there to help you succeed. There are so many resources like the college and career center to help you prepare for the outside world. School clubs are also there to help you feel included.
I like the diversity and teachers there. There is a lot of students for just one school. Sometimes it can be too much.
Everyone has their own mixed emotions about this school and it impacts each individual differently, however I will argue that Pittsburg High does its best to ensure that each student is given the opportunity to learn and develop leadership skills and active involvement in the school.
Start Your Review of Pittsburg Senior High School
Good school but would like the teachers to not wait intell student is falling behind toward the end of school year to talk to parents
Hated the experience. If I could be born again, I'd take the bus to Heritage, where academics are at least on par with the average high school.
Sports and band are the only competition we have. Otherwise, a plethora of stupid students with poor taste waste away my motivation. I turn toward a corridor and either meet putrid smells or unsightly conduct (most often, repulsive versions of third base).
Do not take your child here unless you enjoy being associated with a vast dearth of intelligent people. I quite honestly know only 6 people whom I am certain have some common sense.
The quality of education is a disappointing consequence of a terribly uneducated collection of prideful Pittsburg's residents.
The curriculum in almost every single course this school offers are dismal and pathetic. Its few saviors? Hunter, Nordenstedt, Golshien, Fong, and Fitzmaurice. It's a shame the last two have left. This school cannot and will not improve. I am ashamed to have attended it.
From a personal point of experience, the teachers here try their hardest to make sure that all of their students succeed. They’ll definitely take interest if you apply yourself, and asking for help is easy to do, and they’re very supportive. The facilities could be cleaner, but aside from that, it’s a wonderful school.